Where to see good metal in Tokyo?

DUHHH you are going to miss DREAM EVIL! they are playing here on 11 of Oct! and me and most of my metalhead friends are going there... and Dark Funeral is playing in Tokyo on 15!!! what kind of metal do you like? i'll suggest you more if you can specifiy your taste.

where are you coming from BTW?

I like progressive, power, melodic and a little death metal. I am coming from the US and figured this a good opportunity to be in a country where metal is still strong.

Hi and welcome, Tarkus:)

Yea, you should come here a few days earlier!:erk:
You'll miss GAISEN MARCH too...

I really don't know where to see (Japanese)metal bands, but you definitely want to go to Shinjuku area where you can find any rare, boot cds or videos you want;)

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be checking that place out! Please keep me posted of anywhere else of interest that I should visit. Thanks

Hello and thanks!

I absolutely fell in love with your country. Wonderful people, great nightlife, clean subways that run on time! Not to mention the best food and beer that I've had in my life! I even tried Boshi (raw horse meat) and it wasn't that bad. I did have some trouble finding Japanese metal bands, however, I did pick up an EP by a pretty cool band called Mister Orange, they are kind of pop-punk-metal with cool guitar solos.

I visited Kamakura and got to see some very beutiful temples and the giant, bronze Budha. The only live band I saw was a band called the Down town Boogie woogie Band. They are kind of an oldies rock band, but they were very cool and I evengot to jam on guitar to a couple of songs with.

I totally had a blast and can't wait to come back. I am already planning my next trip. Next time I will speak the language! My only regret is that I only got to spend 6 days there. You guys are great! Thanks!

Marc Hanson

Hey, sorry I've been away for a while! But I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in Japan, Marc. :headbang: Next time, you should come to Japan when the good bands (Japanese or not) are playing here that we know when and where:D