Where was the Morningrise cover taken?

Xupacabara

The Secret Orchard
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Please, in the booklet it names Tuija Lindstrom, i tried searching but found nothing...It's my dream to just go visit this place, sit on the side of the lake and listen to Morningrise.

Anyone knows where it is?

Well, I posted an interview where Mike said something about, but he did'nt know. I'm gonna post it:

What is the picture on the 'Morningrise' cover?

MA: We did not know at the time. Our label boss for Candlelight went on holiday, and they went to this place. I can't remember the name. He actually walked on the bridge or whatever it is. He sent me a postcard with the exact same picture that we have on the cover there but with color. It's some kind of tourist place in England.

That's all. Cheers pal :kickass:

Luz.-

Thank you!

Ok, now i know its somewhere in England:Spin: All i gotta do is contact some tourist guide who knows much about England, show them the cover and there I go!

yup.

this should really be in the FAQ if it isnt already - theres been several topics about this.

The bridge in question is a palladian bridge, of which there are several copies of around the country, but im pretty sure that the one on the cover is the one in Prior Park.

Im not sure who decided it was, cause i dont think mike himself knows...

my post from another topic:

yup the morningrise bridge is in prior park, bath. there are several palladian bridges, all of them are copies.

There is another one in stowe gardens, buckinghamshire, and that one in wiltshire but the one in the cover is in bath (near a place called fox hill... coincidence?)

as far as i know the one in wilton park was the first one to be built in england, in 1738, by the Earl of Pembrokshire and his architect Roger Morris.

The original design was by Andrea Palladio (hence the name), for the Rialto Brdige in Venice, but was never built there.