Where'd the no Steve thread go?

King Chaos

Pomeo Osoponeor
Mar 19, 2004
Chronosynclasticinfundibulum
www.myspace.com
Yeah, you could really tell he wasn't there tonight (bradford rios gig) . The 'my acid words' super riff was non existent and the solo sections in general were empty without him... but hell, My heart and thoughts go out to him and his family. Hope you're all doing alright. The band still gave it their all though. Warrel was being such a good show man. Absolute master he was. Jeff seemed pretty detached... Hard to explain. Avoiding eye contact, not smiling, but still playing like a fucking demon. He seemed to be literally trying not to connect. I guess with steve gone for the sad reasons he has its an emotional time for the guys. Set list was (trying to remember after shots beers and mosh (ha) )

Born
My acid words
Sacrament
Narcosynthesis
The riverdragon has come

Beyond within
Seven tongues of god
Never Purify
Sentient 6 (Fuck YES!)
Sound of silence

Heart collector
Final Product
Enemies of reality

Mercenary were absolutely mighty as well, despite only getting three songs (boo). dewscented played too much new shit. Not enough off inwards (No fucking life ending path... wtfukinF?!) over all the gig owned, but last night's gig was better (Dam Detonation Gorerotted and Decapitated)... why? because they weren't treating playing like some kind of duty.

hmm seems I missed out on that big news? care to elaborate? What happened to steve's family? Hurricane? or somethign else

I couldn't find anythign about it on the metal/news sites.

I think the original post said it was hard to say but it should be before they're out of the UK.

all I really know is (like I said) what the original post said, (which was something like - Steve won't be on the tour for family complications) and what Warrel said on stage "You may notice we're a man down. Their was a death in Steves family..."
Then he said something about steve staying strong and them carrying on.

It sucks that bad things happen to everyone including such great people.

Warrel said they'd be back, and I'd love to see Steve and Jeff trading off on stage. Til that day I am still incomplete hehe.

i wonder though (and maybe its wishful tihnking) if they could get a replacement guitarist...maybe someone from dew scented or mercenery to fill in for steve....maybe learn the 'easier' songs...still play with two guitarists. im in nottinghamshire right now and im about to go tourist/sightseeing...ill keep an eye out for the band as well, even tho they might not be here yet.

I had a great time at the gig - I got to sing:

NEVERMORE TO FEEL THE PAIN twice into Warrels mike!! Fucking awesome. This is silly, I know, but I've been going through a lot of shit lately and the Heart Collector has been a song I've been listening to a lot and to get picked out by Warrel to do that line made my fucking year!

Jeff and Van signed all my cd inserts after the gig, and it was great to meet them. Really nice blokes. Jeff said Warrel wasn't feeling too good after the gig.

Neck hurts like a bitch from hell today :headbang: :tickled:

One thing which really annoyed me was that we tried to get a pit going a few times but no-one elese did and the gawpers were getting really pissed off and I thought my nephew was going to get hit so I cooled him down a bit. But, for fuck sake its a HEAVY fucking metal gig - moshing what is all about. The one time a bit of a pit did get going I slipped twice and both times other guys in the pit helped me up (Sound of silence maybe?)

What a gig what a fucking night wish i could afford to go to Rock city tonight..

Yeah same here dude. I was right at the front in front of jeff. Kept wondering why people weren't going fucking nuts. How can people just watch Nevermore? I know for some bands it's cool to just stand there and soak it in, but Nevermore? No way. Get rid of your gay ass pony tail, do some fucking windmills and push somebody!

I have to say one thing that pissed me off - I wanted to get shit signed but the band literally avoided me, even my friends noticed it and pointed out that that wasn't cool. I did nothing to warrant such behaviour. Even when jeff was shaking hands, I was rocking out right in front of him the entire time and he just totally avoided my hand twice. No fucking clue why, but he didn't even try to make it seem accidental. Nevermore hate me hahaha :p... Nevermind.

Devy_Metal said:
i wonder though (and maybe its wishful tihnking) if they could get a replacement guitarist...maybe someone from dew scented or mercenery to fill in for steve....maybe learn the 'easier' songs...still play with two guitarists. im in nottinghamshire right now and im about to go tourist/sightseeing...ill keep an eye out for the band as well, even tho they might not be here yet.

Yeah, they could go back to getting the "temporary touring guitarist." I believe they had Pat O'Brian as their backup guitarist for a long time. Then before Steve it was one of the guys from Jag Panzer, I think.

As far as Steve is concerned, my condolences go out to him and his family. I just hope that soon he'll be back on his feet and ready to rock.

King Chaos said:
Yeah same here dude. I was right at the front in front of jeff. Kept wondering why people weren't going fucking nuts. How can people just watch Nevermore? I know for some bands it's cool to just stand there and soak it in, but Nevermore? No way. Get rid of your gay ass pony tail, do some fucking windmills and push somebody!

I have to say one thing that pissed me off - I wanted to get shit signed but the band literally avoided me, even my friends noticed it and pointed out that that wasn't cool. I did nothing to warrant such behaviour. Even when jeff was shaking hands, I was rocking out right in front of him the entire time and he just totally avoided my hand twice. No fucking clue why, but he didn't even try to make it seem accidental. Nevermore hate me hahaha :p... Nevermind.

Did you wait around after the gig? Jeff and Van were really cool talking and signing stuff.

Forever Nevermore said:
...and another thing... why only enemies as an encore, not TGE too?

Anyone go to the Rock City gig? What was the set?
One of my freinds spoke to Jeff at the bar and he said that song just doesn't work without steve. one of my friends went to the rock city gig, Ill find out the setlist later. what I do know is they played in the second room on the smallest gayest little stage ever. It was apparently quite intimate though. Hope Nevermore are still enjoying themselves over here without Stevie boi.

King Chaos said:
One of my freinds spoke to Jeff at the bar and he said that song just doesn't work without steve. one of my friends went to the rock city gig, Ill find out the setlist later. what I do know is they played in the second room on the smallest gayest little stage ever. It was apparently quite intimate though. Hope Nevermore are still enjoying themselves over here without Stevie boi.

The Nottingham setlist was the same as the Bradford set, but minus the Heart Collecter, I think. The sound was pretty bad at Nottingham, plus they were playing on a stage that would have made a hobbit claustrophobic, plus they had to stick to the stupid curfew for the club. :yuk: They should have at least put them on in the Rock City basement rather than the Rig, but no, fucking 3 Colours Red were playing in there... :yell:

It made me glad I saw them at Dudley (with Steve) and Bradford, where the sound and atmosphere was good. I also met the band at Bradford, courtesy of a Terrorizer competition, and they were lovely blokes. I think they just felt a bit subdued because of the situation with Steve, and because both Jim and Warrell were feeling a bit off. They said Steve should be rejoining them this week for the rest of the European dates.