Back from the Dudley gig

CoMa665

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2005
And it was immense, I was front row centre, got 88 picture's all of which are pretty awesome and to top it off Jeff gave me his pick he used al night at the end of EOR!

Setlist was:
Born
Acid Words
Bittersweet Feast
Narco
River Dragon

Beyond Within
Dreaming Neon Black
7 Tongues of God
The learning
Sentient 6

Sound Of Silence
Heart Collector
Final Product

Godless Endeavour
Enimies of Reality

Will Bozarth said:
oh, it probably wont. back to Dead Heart worship, Seven Tongues, Final Product, and Enemies of Reality

Does everyone find it amusing that a "fan" is so unappreciative of his "favourite" band. Jesus christ cut them some slack, the music they choose to play doesnt revolve around your needle dick.

What a brilliant gig! I was second row headbanging with a couple of guys, so close to the band, never thought I could have so much fun with a grown man spitting all over me!

Everyone went nuts for Narcosynthesis, Warrel was great with the crowd, Jeff shredded, Jim came close and was headbanging along, Steve played fantastically and Vans drumming was hugely impressive, the whole band was fantastic. A couple of guys I was standing next to knew all the words, so we all sang with Warrel.

Unfortunatly for me, my whole night was fucked up because I had to leave to catch the last train at Sentient 6. :(

Last night's performance at JB's was jaw-droppingly good - best I've seen 'em so far.....an amazingly heavy set and Warrel even got down on one knee and started serenading Jeff at the start of DNB...ahhhh....

Some visuals (courtesy of the gf):

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

CoMa665 said:
Does everyone find it amusing that a "fan" is so unappreciative of his "favourite" band. Jesus christ cut them some slack, the music they choose to play doesnt revolve around your needle dick.

Does everyone find it amusing that I don't like Dead Heart and this motherfucker right here can't accept it? Actually, most people would rather hear older material over Dead Heart. It's not called unappreciative. It's called "I've seen them 5 times and am tired of hearing Narcosynthesis". Plus, you are fortunate. Whenever they tour, they do headlining gigs over in Europe, so you have chances to see this material that us fans in the United States dont have. Also, where does this "needle dick" come in to play? Would you like to fondle it some more, Captain Asshat? or even Da Douchebag? what about Corporal Cock Muncher? My point with this is, you just tried to insult me for no reason with a name that made no reference to me whatsoever, so you're the one that is seen as inferior.

Plus, calling me unappreciative of my favorite band means absolutely jackshit from you, because I have never even held a conversation with you, nor do I plan to. So, before you run your mouth like that, you better do some research.

Good day... needle dick.

edit: I'm more than appreciative of this band. Without this band, I wouldn't have a reason to play music or even be breathing right now. You don't know my history and you don't know of my level of "fan-ness" when it comes to this band.

Rich - Rannoch said:
Last night's performance at JB's was jaw-droppingly good - best I've seen 'em so far.....an amazingly heavy set and Warrel even got down on one knee and started serenading Jeff at the start of DNB...ahhhh....

Hahah, that was great! Even Jeff was laughing.

Just before that Jeff had mentioned to Warrel that Dreaming Neon was off the Politics album, and Warrel seemed to take great delight in telling the crowd what a dumb mistake Jeff had made!

yea but will, for someone who enjoys having a 'reputation' with the band (ie, topics like 'why didnt you hang out with me when you said you would etc...' it is kind of rude to complain and bitch about the setlist alllllllll the time.

plus the dead heart songs crush in a live setting. those songs were meant to be played live.

the dhiadw songs are more live friendly. *chuga* *chuga* im a huge fan of all their albums, so it makes no difference to me what they play, though. the first and only time i saw them they were good but warrel was drunk. things will be better now. cant wait....only 3 days!!!

correct. yes, they play Dead Heart songs live, because thats their most commerically accessible CD. but they play Dreaming Neon Black and The Learning on this tour. previous tours had Garden of Gray, Sea of Possibilities, No More Will, Death of Passion, Lost, Politics of Ecstasy, In Memory, What Tomorrow Knows.

don't think im not grateful for them playing live. I'm just saying that they never really play anything old.

Raidea said:
Hahah, that was great! Even Jeff was laughing.

Just before that Jeff had mentioned to Warrel that Dreaming Neon was off the Politics album, and Warrel seemed to take great delight in telling the crowd what a dumb mistake Jeff had made!

I think I also caught Warrel humping Jim in front of the drumkit at one point as well! He's obviously the playa of the band! :tickled:

And nice photos, Rich! ;)

Fuck, I'd be happy if all they played was Opidian, Precognition, and that deranged version of the PoE chorus at the end of The Learning, as long as they did a US tour *crosses fingers and toes*

(and I know it probobly wouldn't happen like this, but it'd be cool if they didn't have any opening acts that way they'd be able to stay onstage longer and play The Learning, or just the max amount of songs they could)