which game haunts your dreams?

VangelicSurgeon

Three Star General
Jul 26, 2002
www.maudlinofthewell.com
rastan.jpg

i could never get past the 2nd fucking level. :mad:

oh my god, RASTAN. I put a zillions quarters into that shit and almost creamed by jeans when i got the firesword.

The game that haunts my dreams, though, was an arcade game i played in Florida at a convenience store across from our hotel when i was maybe 8 or 9. I think the name and most of the instructions on the box were scraped off or the box was wrong or something, so I could never figure out what it was. but it RULED. You were this little cartoony red ninja (squat, like Small Mario), and I remember one part where you had to jump back and forth from wall to wall up a "chimney" to get out of this dungeon. i think there were a lot of weapons, too. i've always wondered what game that was and why it was worth ten bucks of my vacation money.

oh my god, RASTAN. I put a zillions quarters into that shit and almost creamed by jeans when i got the firesword.

The game that haunts my dreams, though, was an arcade game i played in Florida at a convenience store across from our hotel when i was maybe 8 or 9. I think the name and most of the instructions on the box were scraped off or the box was wrong or something, so I could never figure out what it was. but it RULED. You were this little cartoony red ninja (squat, like Small Mario), and I remember one part where you had to jump back and forth from wall to wall up a "chimney" to get out of this dungeon. i think there were a lot of weapons, too. i've always wondered what game that was and why it was worth ten bucks of my vacation money.

Alex, speaking of which, do you remember the arcade game that was at the video store near our house on West Main Street where we used to rent Nintendo games?

THAT is the game that haunts my dreams.

Black Tiger was the other, until I found it on emulator.

Oh shit, and Alex, remember that top-view, sort of 1943-ish game, but you were guys on little hovercraft-skiff things?

mmm, I don't quite remember, give me a hint what it was like?

Yeah, Black Tiger was, until I got the emulator from you. Hehe.

I found that hovercraft game at a convenience store in PA two years ago and played the fuck out of it. GONDOMANIA! It wasn't quite as great as I remembered, but it was still good.
gondo.jpg

umm ok.. the things that stick out most in my mind about that game are

1) in the first level, there's a part where you have to jump on little toofts of grass over a river, while fireballs shoot at you. If you get hit by a fireball, you die, but the character gets set on fire, instead of just dying. That was the first instance I'd ever seen in a video game of something like that.

2) We used to watch the older kids play, and marvel at how far they were (they were actually only on the second level, but we could never get that far. They actually hardly ever let us play, those fucks.) There was this level where the character, who looked like a squat, young magician with wild brown hair, had to climb through a building, and there were pinwheel-type blades made of gold that moved around on tracks and cut you up.