Which guitarist would fit Anthrax?

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I'm not wanting to start a thread bashing any of Anthrax's past or present guitarists, just thought it was an interesting question.

Someone like Marty Friedman would be too technical for Thrax IMO.

Maybe Jeff Waters? I think he'd probably fit.

Dave Carlo, of course! Just make him get a purple guitar and a beanie, though. (Nothing against Rob, just a dumb joke. :p)

They should bring in the dude that sang for Damageplan, who played on Halfords albums. He sucked ass as a vocalist but is a great guitar player

i never liked pat lachman,just a gut feeling when damageplan started,i later find out in interviews with rita that pat was refusing to do more pantera songs and such being a real prick all the time to vinnie and dime...

just leave it the way it is, the situation is much better now than during the Stomp and Vol.8 years when they only had 1 guitar player and Paul Crook had to fill-in for the live-shows and Dime for some solos. After Spitz's departure something was missing in their sound.

i never liked pat lachman,just a gut feeling when damageplan started,i later find out in interviews with rita that pat was refusing to do more pantera songs and such being a real prick all the time to vinnie and dime...

Well why would he do more Pantera songs when he was singing in his own, different band, that's just my thought.

As far as the guitarists go...bring in this guy from Animals Are Leaders :lol:

Well why would he do more Pantera songs when he was singing in his own, different band, that's just my thought.

Let's face it, half the people at Damage Plan shows were only there because of Pantera. I never liked Pat at all, he was too generic as a vocalist. But hey, there's no way to replace a Phil Anselmo, so they should've gotten real singer instead of a growler. Wait...why am I ranting about this?

I think James Murphy could be great in Anthrax. Scott can not be replaced.

Let's face it, half the people at Damage Plan shows were only there because of Pantera. I never liked Pat at all, he was too generic as a vocalist. But hey, there's no way to replace a Phil Anselmo, so they should've gotten real singer instead of a growler. Wait...why am I ranting about this?

I think James Murphy could be great in Anthrax. Scott can not be replaced.

There's one - Ralph Santolla.

I don't know. Glen Drover maybe. Alex Skolnick. Hell, why not Jeff Duncan? Everyone else from Armored Saint has been in the band. Steve Smyth.

But I'm ok with Rob, purple guitar and all.

There's one - Ralph Santolla.

Ralph is pretty much a death metal guitarist. Same with James Murphy. James Murphy is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. His work on Obituary's "Cause of Death" was incredible. Same with Death, Cancer, and Testament.

Ralph doesn't do much for me. Didn't like his stuff on the last Obituary album or Deicide too much.

when damageplan really started to unfold and such dime said in many interviews they jammed a tonne of pantera songs,to only perform 2 at the end of there shows when they hit the touring cycle seemed strange hence rita saying in interviews dime was ringing her up saying pat wasnt who he thought he was.