Which guitarist would fit Anthrax?

he thought he was a good singer, probably?

Damageplan was absolutely awful. Not just the vocals but even musically it was lacking. I am sure if they did a new damagplan album it would have been better. But they even said in interviews that the fans wanted a heavier, pantera type album and that was the direction they were going to go on the next album. Rumor even has it that they pretty much already recorded most of it. Hopefully one day we'll get to hear it.

But yes Pat was a terrible vocalist, not only his voice but his lyrics.. just bad.

I don't know what it is. But it seems like if Phil wasn't part of their music Vinnie and Dime couldn't really pull off much quality stuff. I mean look at Pantera before Phil was there. Now look at Hell Yeah. Hell Yeah is REALLLYYYY Bad. I wish Vinnie paul would do a heavier thrash record again and stop with the shit kicker redneck rock shit.

Hopefully some day sooner than later Phil, Rex and Vinnie can get together and write some music again.

Damageplan was absolutely awful. Not just the vocals but even musically it was lacking. I am sure if they did a new damagplan album it would have been better. But they even said in interviews that the fans wanted a heavier, pantera type album and that was the direction they were going to go on the next album. Rumor even has it that they pretty much already recorded most of it. Hopefully one day we'll get to hear it.

But yes Pat was a terrible vocalist, not only his voice but his lyrics.. just bad.

I don't know what it is. But it seems like if Phil wasn't part of their music Vinnie and Dime couldn't really pull off much quality stuff. I mean look at Pantera before Phil was there. Now look at Hell Yeah. Hell Yeah is REALLLYYYY Bad. I wish Vinnie paul would do a heavier thrash record again and stop with the shit kicker redneck rock shit.

Hopefully some day sooner than later Phil, Rex and Vinnie can get together and write some music again.

Hey look at that something we agree on. Damageplan was pure dreck, HellYeah is a little better, but not by much.

Except for Rebel Meets Rebel, and the ZZ Top cover they did with Dime singing, everything they recorded without Phil has been awful.

People give Phil a lot of shit, both deserved and undeserved, but the one thing Phil did do was seem to keep tring to get them to be heavier.

I don't want to see Phil, Rex and Vinny record together again ---- at least not as Pantera. No Dime = No Pantera.

It would be nice if they could at least be friends again though.

Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano

+1!

In my opinion WCFYA was the first record since SOWN with proper leads. Rob fits in, I don´t care for beanies or purple guitars, he might wear a pink tuxedo and play a vomit-green flying V with light blue hearts on it, if he plays well, which grown up cares for shit like that?

+1!

In my opinion WCFYA was the first record since SOWN with proper leads. Rob fits in, I don´t care for beanies or purple guitars, he might wear a pink tuxedo and play a vomit-green flying V with light blue hearts on it, if he plays well, which grown up cares for shit like that?

Yeah should probably ask the Bushthrax fans why they care so much what Joey looks like.

Maybe there are some decent leads on WCFYA but over all that album is very sub par. What Doesn't Die is a pretty cool song. There are a few others that are semi decent. But over all is not a good album and is certainly not good enough to say that Rob makes Anthrax any better than they were before he was in the band.

I personally don't care as long as the new stuff is awesome. He certainly is a Fugly dude that looks like a butt rocker on stage. But if the next album rips I will put up with looking at him on stage!

Hey look at that something we agree on. Damageplan was pure dreck, HellYeah is a little better, but not by much.

Except for Rebel Meets Rebel, and the ZZ Top cover they did with Dime singing, everything they recorded without Phil has been awful.

People give Phil a lot of shit, both deserved and undeserved, but the one thing Phil did do was seem to keep tring to get them to be heavier.

I don't want to see Phil, Rex and Vinny record together again ---- at least not as Pantera. No Dime = No Pantera.

It would be nice if they could at least be friends again though.

The thing is, Phil Anselmo is the one that really had to bitch slap everyone into making quality / heavy music. Dime and Vinnie were amazing musicians but seemed they needed some direction when it actually came to writing music.

Phil Anselmo was great in Down, SJR, and Pantera. He has been through a lot. Heroin, Prescription Drugs, etc. But he appears to be at the top of his game right now. It still would be reat to see him play with those guys again even if it was just for fun etc.

But to be honest I look forward to what Phil does next. And I really don't look forward to anything vinnie paul does as without Phil he doesn't seem to really 'get it'. So sad the entire thing.

Yeah should probably ask the Bushthrax fans why they care so much what Joey looks like.

Maybe there are some decent leads on WCFYA but over all that album is very sub par. What Doesn't Die is a pretty cool song. There are a few others that are semi decent. But over all is not a good album and is certainly not good enough to say that Rob makes Anthrax any better than they were before he was in the band.

I personally don't care as long as the new stuff is awesome. He certainly is a Fugly dude that looks like a butt rocker on stage. But if the next album rips I will put up with looking at him on stage!
So Joey's looks don't matter but Rob's look does.

Esteban!
esteban-guitar-lessons-image.jpg

:headbang: