which immortal song is this...

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
http://www.youtube.com/w/Immortal-Black-Metal?v=Cv6WWxkOmpo&search=immortal

it fucking RULES :hotjump: I need to get more Immortal, what albums that from? I know it says sons of northern darkness below, but I saw another clip claiming to be that too.

let's all worship immortal! wish they were still together :(

edit: aah, I reckon it must be One by One off sons of northern darkness, juidging by the lyrics

High On Maiden said:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Immortal-Black-Metal?v=Cv6WWxkOmpo&search=immortal

it fucking RULES :hotjump: I need to get more Immortal, what albums that from? I know it says sons of northern darkness below, but I saw another clip claiming to be that too.

let's all worship immortal! wish they were still together :(

edit: aah, I reckon it must be One by One off sons of northern darkness, juidging by the lyrics

A lot of people will tell you to get their earlier, more grim stuff, but personally, At the Heart of Winter is their best overall mix of hyperspeed black metal and the bigger, mid-paced riffing of their later days. Fucking great album.

I've got Pure Holocaust, but that track is different, somehow more thrashy, bloody great if you ask me. I don't care for people telling me which period to go for, if this is their later stuff then fine by me, that still rules!

I do love Pure Holocaust as well though, I'm sure I'd like anything by them.

Alright, if you're digging this track off Sons, you MUST get At the Heart.

At the Heart >> Sons

edit: wait 'til you hear Solarfall. In fact, if you give me 15 minutes, I'll rip it & upload it for you.

No, I think Sons of Northern Darkness is better than At the Heart of Winter. At the Heart of Winter is a between the extremes of PH and SoND, but it's not as good as either. Production of SoND is way better. AtHoW only has two good songs really. Withstand the Fall of Time is pretty mighty, though. The shorter songs on SoND seem to fit that style better.

MasterOLightning said:
No, I think Sons of Northern Darkness is better than At the Heart of Winter. At the Heart of Winter is a between the extremes of PH and SoND, but it's not as good as either. Production of SoND is way better. AtHoW only has two good songs really. Withstand the Fall of Time is pretty mighty, though. The shorter songs on SoND seem to fit that style better.

You're insane.

yeah that Solarfall track seems cool, thanks for that. I like this more defined, 'structured' approach they've got on their later material, even though I also like their earlier stuff.

So I guess it's a question of at the heart of winter vs. sons of northern darkness

AtHoW is one of the greates albums made. Ever. No other record I've heard combines grimness and heaviness like that one, and the mid-pace, epic feel just takes Immortals' mighty(yet cheesy) lyrics to another level. I love all of Immortals albums, though.

High On Maiden said:
yeah that Solarfall track seems cool, thanks for that. I like this more defined, 'structured' approach they've got on their later material, even though I also like their earlier stuff.

So I guess it's a question of at the heart of winter vs. sons of northern darkness

It's really not even in question.

At the Heart of Winter, period.

Malleus said:
AtHoW is one of the greates albums made. Ever. No other record I've heard combines grimness and heaviness like that one, and the mid-pace, epic feel just takes Immortals' mighty(yet cheesy) lyrics to another level. I love all of Immortals albums, though.

Yes to everything stated in this post!

I really enjoy the Sons of Northern Darkness Album.. Glad I saw them on that tour.. was fuckin awesome.. If you want it High on Maiden just hop on AIM or MSN and I'll hook it up.

The song on the video is "One by one" and it´s from their last album. My first contact with this band was when "Pure Holocaust" was released, so I got some kind of special relationship with this album. I still think it´s their masterpiece, never again they created such a cold and misanthropic atmosphere.