which is the best band of rock&roll

Zivilyn said:
I don't think anyone will ever be able to debate this with me, Led Zeppelin wins. Hendrix didn't have enough time, and the Beatles aren't as straight up rock and roll.

led zeppelin sux, hendrix sux, beatles sux, u suck

Fredy_Brown said:
Hm I think Manson did an uprgrade for what Alice has been doing before him, I don´t like his music much (except Dragontown) but I respect him.

:lol: The only thing Marilyn Manson "upgraded" was the image..turning it from horror movie cliched fun into doing some really sick shit.

Surely zz Top deserve a mention. I have virtually all their stuff and I think they are possibly the band that most deserve to be called the best rock n roll band.

bob dylan, foghat, lynard skynard(southern rock), ted nugent, the who, deep puple, a lot of the new "rock and roll" bands realy suck.

example: marylin manson

I am definitely in the minority when I say that the Rolling Stones are the most overrated rock band in history. Their music is boring, their playing skills are non-existent, and their songwriting is lackluster at best. When I want to hear some good "bluesy" rock, I turn to Aerosmith or even Pink Floyd. Go ahead and rip on me, but I say fuck the Stones.

Yeah I agree, I also happen to think that Pink Floyd is overrated, along with The Beatles. I know it's not very original, but for rock 'n' roll I turn to Led Zeppelin. Others that I enjoy are Thin Lizzy, Molly Hatchet, Foreigner, UFO, and of course the allmighty Ted Nugent.

though the misfits are known as punk they were heavily influenced by 50's rock b roll and it show in their music. im just saying that because i like them

Travisty said:
bob dylan, foghat, lynard skynard(southern rock), ted nugent, the who, deep puple, a lot of the new "rock and roll" bands realy suck.

example: marylin manson

If you're into southern rock The Allman Brothers Band MUST be mentioned. The original, and the best.