Which is the best Iron Maiden tribute song?

I really like Hallowed be thy name by Cradle of Filth, but I know that CoF was kind of hated by the Iron M. fans because they used growling in the song. So it sounds heavier.

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes1982
Hmmmmmm... I dont have one favorite song of a band covering maiden.... But I love Iced Earth covering Hallowed Be Thy Name, and Sonata Arctica covering Die With Your Boots On, plus many other maiden tunes covered by other bands

Shane (or anyone) - which CD are these covers on? I love both Iced Earth and Sonata Arctica so I wouldn't mind checking these covers out.

Thanks.

Originally posted by JayKeeley

Shane (or anyone) - which CD are these covers on? I love both Iced Earth and Sonata Arctica so I wouldn't mind checking these covers out.

Thanks.
Iced Earth - Hallowed Be Thy Name is available on the Tribute To The Gods album, which is packaged in the Dark Genesis box set, IE also cover Number of the beast, which I haven't heard yet, although im sure it's great!!

Sonata Arctica - Die With Your Boots on... ummm Im not sure which album it's on... I think the successor disc, although im not sure exactly

Sinergy cover Number of The Beast too, which i'd love to hear, but I haven't heard it yet!

Originally posted by chileanmetal
I like "Murders In the rue morgue" by In Flames.
Listen to "The Trooper" by Lord Belial, that one is funny

Murders In The Rue Morgue by In Flames is great! But for some reason it just doesnt seem like it's In Flames to me!! :confused:
And as for Lord Belial's version of The Trooper, is this infamous for sucking so much?!? I agree, it's terrible!

Originally posted by JayKeeley

Thanks.

Die With Your Boots On by Sonata is on the Finnish version of their single Last Drop Falls as far as I know.

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes1982

It's on the Last Drop Falls single (released only in Finland) , and it's on the Orientation MCD (released only in Japan)

Thanks for the clarification. :) At least it was something like that... :lol: