Which is the better bass?

Neither!!!
Warwick's are highly overated and B.C. Rich's are too oblong.
( I have an 8-string Mockingbird that kills my shoulder!!!)
Invest in a Carvin. It's custom made to your specifications and if you don't dig it you can return it in 30 days.
And if that don't work, Spector is about the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ok the thing is that I have that (or someting...) Warwick and it keeps breaking strings on me as soon as I start building up speed. So the local music shop has a 5 string B.C. Rich Warlock for $900 cdn and I was just checking whether I'd be losing anything in the conversion (I like the shape of the thing though.) The Warwick also has like a low "crack" on the b and I can't stand it anymore.

Indeed, Carvin is the way to go. They start at only about $500, too.

I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
I've had my Carvin LB-70 for 7 years now, and I love it. I use it mainly for live situations ( I use a Fender Jazz Bass in the studio )and it never lets me down. They even offer a Basslines humbucker for the bridge pick-up, which wasn't an option when I ordered mine.
I'm definitely buying another one in the future.
;)

hm......something's missing here.......I don't know.....yes, YAMAHA, the best for me, but if I have to chose one of above, I'll say definitely Warwick :)

Defiantly Warwick for me! I have been playing Warwick bass's for two years now and love it! Great tone, great feel and punchy as hell. It was a toss up between a Warwick, Spector and Tobias back then, and The Warwick was the best decision I made. Although, the price tag on Warwicks are extremly high :eek:

to bad it's a bitch to get an endorsement from em'!:mad:

\m/
Dustin

Hmmm, I have a Carvin 6 stringer. I like it. Cost a grand (pretty cheap for the quality).

I'm eyeing a Conklin 7-string now. Musicians friend has them for $1000. I hear they're sweet too.

Actually I have big hands. I have absolutely no trouble with 6 stringers. What i was gonna do was tune it BEADGBE (like a 7 string guitar), instead of BEADGCF, so I can try to make use of my classical guitar skills as well as bass.

I thought it would be a very novel approach to bass (play classical guitar parts- separate bass and melody lines at the same time).

Originally posted by Unregistered
I thought it would be a very novel approach to bass (play classical guitar parts- separate bass and melody lines at the same time).

What about a stick, then??

I tap well enough, and I'm under the impression that a stick is tapped on. But, classical guitar technique PLUCKS 2 or more lines simultaneously. So, basically 1 hand will fret more than one part at the same time (it's a very busy style of playing- very tough to do). I hope to mimic that on bass.

Plus, I find that the tone from tapping doesn't always fit every situation. So that's why I'm going to work out this type of plucking method. (it may not be possible for me to do it, but I look forward to trying)