Which metal style is Children of Bodom

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
If you find these threads stupid, don't go in them... fairly evident what this is...

Do you know how many times this question has been asked? Apparently not. When I first jonied here, I bet on the first page there was probably 2 of this topic. It is quite pointless to wonder what type of music a band is, wouldn't you say? Would it change if they were a different style then what you thought?

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead

Do you know how many times this question has been asked? Apparently not. When I first jonied here, I bet on the first page there was probably 2 of this topic. It is quite pointless to wonder what type of music a band is, wouldn't you say? Would it change if they were a different style then what you thought?
yep..that's right :)

I think that is a Melodic Death Metal Mainly.... or a Heavy Metal music with voice Black/Death as other people says...

but i like...

is a good Metaaaallllllllll

When there will be about a dozen bands having a similar style without being rip-offs, then it will be time to name the style. And I would call it Neo-Classical-Black-Metal. But then, you guys could disagree, but it was written on their website that it was some kind of black metal anyways(last time I was there that is...).

LOL@ anybody who thinks CoB are any form of black metal. The vocals are a little black mettallish but that's it.

Anyway, I like the phrase "power metal in denial", as the music as a whole is power metal with extreme vocals, yet most fans seem to have attach a stigma to power metal and deny it vehemently.