Which Negura Bunget album to buy?

_Solarian_13_

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I just discovered Negura Bunget and I'm loving it (both the ethereal atmospheric stuff and the more typical black metal sound). Which album would you all recommend I purchase first? Also, any other bands I should check out with a similar sound?

Om or 'n Crugu Bradului would do you well

As far as other bands go, Dordeduh is probably the closest thing since it's formed by (now former) Negura Bunget members

I wouldn't dismiss 'Varstele Pamantului' either, it has more folk influences and people love to hate it around here, but I think it's really good.

Actually, try all their albums and see which you like, Negura Bunget is one of the few bands that actually evolves, still making quality metal.

DorDeDuh is a good recommendation; one of their session musicians has a one man project called Martolea and another Romanian band that has been gaining some popularity lately called Indian Fall.
Also check out the Ukrainian scene(yep, they are heavily influenced by the Negura sound) Drudkh, Kroda and Viter (they only have one EP, but it's a pleasant listen).
Otherwise, it's a bit difficult to find a band similar to Negura. I'm seeing them live this Thursday, I can hardly wait! :D

Thanks guys! I picked up Om and am enjoying it. Have fun seeing Negura on Thursday Raina! I think that someday I may have to travel to Europe to see some of the bands that I otherwise may never have the opportunity to see...