Which part of England makes the best Metal?

the_dying said:
Just like the English women, their metalscene isn't really worth....
Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, Carcass, My Dying Bride, Scyclad.

Yeah, because it's not like these are some of the greatest bands ever or anything.

the_dying said:
Just like the English women, their metalscene isn't really worth....
You don't know what you're talking about. Britain has produced all these quality bands:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Cathedral
Napalm Death
Def Leppard
Saxon
Venom
Anathema
Carcass
Hecate Enthroned
Lawnmower Death

dill_the_devil said:
Is there a genuine reason why you're so obsessed with the geographical location of the bands you're listening to?
It's just an interest I have, people are allowed to have interests. Is there a genuine reason as to why people like anything?

Profånity said:
You don't know what you're talking about. Britain has produced all these quality bands:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Cathedral
Napalm Death
Def Leppard
Saxon
Venom
Anathema
Carcass
Hecate Enthroned
Lawnmower Death
Should I list some more?

Profånity said:
It's just an interest I have, people are allowed to have interests. Is there a genuine reason as to why people like anything?

I think there's a slight difference between an interest and the near-pathological nature of this predilection... I mean, I've backtracked through a few pages of the forum and every single thread you've started is a list of bands from different countries, or a question about which country produces the best death/black/doom/classic/prog metal... is there nothing else about music that interests you other than where it's made? Isn't the atmosphere or creativity of the music more fascinating? I'm just confused...

You can only think of four bands from the south?

Well you can add Akercocke as they're London boys.

I think we should narrow it down even more as MDB are from Dewsbury not Bradford. Half of Hecate Enthroned are from Wales, KillIIThis are from Stockport not Manchester, Epitaph are from Crewe.

You need a hobby man.