White Wizzard - "Flying Tigers"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Most of us are aware of White Wizzard the band with all the buzz and all the bad luck.

After their very neat EP debut the band basically split (got kicked) to form Holy Grail leaving only the bass player to carry WW. To me was a kind of loss/loss situation. I don't like Holy Grail approach and I feel the former singer James Paul Luna is misused considering his vocals in WW and I wasn't sure about the band carry on with just one original member.

All and all the Wizz seemed to consolidate a good second line-up since their full-length "Over The Top" really did the trick for me. But soon after the album release the band cracked again.

Now the second full-length will be released and the good side is that singer Wyatt Anderson recorded the vocals, the bad is the guy is no longer with the band and his replacement Michael Gremio is very subpar as the Cellador album can prove (really bad purchase from my side).

I'm gonna wait until the album leak for a test drive, if applies then I'm gonna buy it. But I think the band is over for me after this and frankly I don't encourage anyone to see them live now.

Now the info:

Los Angeles traditional heavy metal act WHITE WIZZARD have officially revealed the details for their forthcoming new album, titled FLYING TIGERS.

FLYING TIGERS features twelve new tracks and expands on the band’s traditional heavy metal blueprint, with songs ranging from fist-pumping NWOBHM-style anthems, through the arena rock power of “Starchild”, to a six-track epic concept piece featuring science-fiction and philosophical elements tied together with a progressive vibe.

FLYING TIGERS features the core WHITE WIZZARD line-up of bassist, songwriter and founding member JON LEON, drummer GIOVANNI DURST and studio vocalist WYATT ANDERSON, who featured on the band’s debut album, OVER THE TOP. The album was once again recorded with producer RALPH PATLAN in Phoenix, Arizona.

The full track listing for FLYING TIGERS is as follows:

01. Fight to the Death
02. West L.A. Nights
03. Starchild
04. Flying Tigers
05. Night Train to Tokyo
06. Night Stalker
07. Fall of Atlantis
08. Blood on the Pyramids
09. Demons and Diamonds
10. Dark Alien Overture
11. War of the Worlds