whitesnake/gary moore/y n t

Well friday at the NEC was pretty good.

The venue was curtained off half way down due to poor ticket sales, but there still must have been 3000 in there.
Y & T were the first band on and I must admit were fantastic. They played loads of old stuff like Meanstreak, Rescue Me, Summertime Girls etc and Dave Menketti's voice was superb and boy can he play guitar. I would love to see them headlining in a club, they'd be even better then.

Next up was Gary Moore or should that be Gary Bore. zzzzzz Very dissapointing. The best stuff he played was from his Scars album, which came across very well as it was recorded as a three piece and he was playing with that line up. But then he played a few of his blues numbers which sent me to sleep, but then slighty redemed himself with Out in the Fields and Don't believe a Word. The problem was with a three piece band it just sounded like something was missing. He needed a rythmn guitarist and a backing singer to fill out the sound a bit. I then went to the bar.

Then it was time for Old Cov. Brilliant. They were excellent and played just a bit of a greatest hits set really. Gimme all your Love, Bad Boys, Walking in the Shadow of the Blues, Still of the Night, Is this Love, Slow and Easy, Slide it In, Ain't no love in the Heart of the City etc.
His voice was excellent and the band were superb. Doug Aldridge is a brilliant guitarist and it was good to see him playing a bit of slide, making it a bit more like the old Whitesnake.
One critisisim though would be, why do we still have to have guitar and drum solos! zzzzzzzzz boring.
All in all though it was a good gig.

The other critisism would be the crowd. At 30 I think I was the youngest there and probably the noisiest. Fuckin' hell just because your old it doesn't mean you can't sing, clap and jump around a bit!