Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad

I've had this for about 2 weeks, and it's really not doing too much for me. Aldrich sounds great, but there's only a few songs that I've taken a liking to, and that I feel are truly catchy.

Coverdale sounds good too, but has lost a little bit of power in his raspy vocals (all I want all I need, summer rain) .....sounds kinda old if you ask me.

Maybe it's me, but it's all been done before. Not that I was expecting Whitesnake to reinvent the wheel, but I find most of it to be pretty disposable....

so is this worth getting? it seems to be getting good reviews from both fans and the press

Worst whitesnake release in a long time, I was gonna go see them later this year but after hearing that crap Ive changed my mind :(

You mean to tell me you liked Slip Of The Tongue and Restless Heart?!
Because those were released a longtime ago... Maybe you also didn't care for
1987 either? Which makes me wonder you'd buy an album from a band you don't like to begin with... Or maybe you're basing this on samples you've heard without listening to the entire album... You know like the Black Crowes thing...

Black crowes? Are you mixing me up with somebody else, ive never mentioned the black crowes?
Anyway as for the album, no not samples, the entire album, I LOVED 1987 and I also enjoy slip of the tongue, restless heart not so much but its still better than this one, I prefer older stuff such as saints and sinners, the fact is IMO this album is a real stinker, I dont know why your gettin so hot under the collar about that its just my opinion, you dont like it, TOUGH!

Black crowes? Are you mixing me up with somebody else, ive never mentioned the black crowes?
Anyway as for the album, no not samples, the entire album, I LOVED 1987 and I also enjoy slip of the tongue, restless heart not so much but its still better than this one, I prefer older stuff such as saints and sinners, the fact is IMO this album is a real stinker, I dont know why your gettin so hot under the collar about that its just my opinion, you dont like it, TOUGH!

I'm not getting hot under anywhere. I was simply wanting to know how you based your opinion. The Black Crowes went right over your head I see, that was refering to the Maxim review. I don't have the time to explain that to you here...

Quite a combative lad. :lol:

Anyway, new WS is a "grower". Everything is there except for the choruses. It's kinda like listening to a Coverdale/Page version of Saints and Sinners.

they had me at the first two notes!! I've listened to it about3 times now and I'm very very satisfied having waited about 11 yrs. for something new. This is a MUST have!!

What do you think?!

very solid album, much better than the def leppard album and overall better than slip on the tongue or restless heart but unlike slip of the tongue there isn't a song that stands out as much as "now you're gone", "deeper the love" or the updated "fool for your loving". its kinda like slip of the tongue had 4 or 5 great tracks and the rest were mediocre but on good to be bad every song is good and there is no filler but no great tracks either. coverdales voice is not what it once was but it still sounds better than joe elliot. at one time coverdale could sing the phone book and sound awesome. i was hoping he would bust out an oustanding performance like on whitesnakes cover of "need your love so bad" that was a b-side in the 80's

I don't think it's that great. I loved the new songs on the recent live album thought they rocked hard. But this new album seems to lack decent songs. The elements are all there - Cov's voice, the guitar pyrotechnics etc, but the songs aren't there.

Gimme "Lovehunter" any day.

I much prefer the new Leppard album to this. Not as heavy, not as flashy, but the songs are much better.