TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Artist: Whitesnake
Title: Live In the Still of the Night DVD
Release Date: 2006
Label: Hip-O Records

Typically when I review a cd or a dvd I sit down in a relaxed setting with a notebook and pen to jot down notes as I go along. Upon popping in this Whitesnake dvd the only thing on the paper by the time it was over was my jaw. David Coverdale, Doug Aldrich, Reb Beach, Marco Mendoza, Tim Drury, and Tommy Aldridge - now this is a band. I had the honor of seeing Whitesnake live last summer here in Jersey and was wowed then and I am still wowed now. I truly hope this is the permanent line up of the band because it works. Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach together on the same stage is just too much to handle. Hearing them trade off the opening riffs to "Bad Boys" is one of the most mind blowing things you will ever hear. "Live In the Still of the Night" takes place at London's Hammersmith Apollo. The show kicks off with a ripping version of Deep Purple's "Burn" which features a short interval of "Stormbringer" as well before cutting back into "Burn". From the get go the band is on complete fire and you know you are in for one hell of a show. The scorching opener follows up with my favorite Snake tune "Bad Boys", it does not get much more metal than this. A strong set list is present which is balanced between major hits like "Is This Love", "Here I Go Again", and "Love Ain't No Stranger" to some less heard rarities like "Ready An' Willing", "Don't Break My Heart", and "Take Me With You". I feel this is the strongest line up the band has ever had and it's evident why they are chosen to headline major European festivals like this years Gods of Metal in Italy. The DVD comes with a bonus CD featuring ten of the sixteen songs on the dvd. All I can say if you have not seen this line up of Whitesnake live yet you must do so ASAP. In the mean time get this dvd and prepare for one of the most amazing performances ever.

http://www.metalasylum.net

War_Blade said:
WhiteSnake>sex

No, Whitesnake=Sex.:heh:

I agree with The GraveDigger. Awesome DVD. Fantastic lineup, great DVD package, everything is perfect.

And to think that when I was a teenager I thought Whitesnake were gay:erk:

There are more broads at those shows than you can shake a stick (or your dick) at. Just a great time at their concerts. I hope they come around to tour soon!