Whitfield crane interview concerning Anthrax

The_Great_WV_Trendkill

Los Loser 4 life
Dec 26, 2004
www.myspace.com
"The Classic Metal Show" recently conducted an interview with vocalist Whitfield Crane (ex-UGLY KID JOE, MEDICATION, LIFE OF AGONY) to talk about his new project ANOTHER ANIMAL, which also features members of GODSMACK and DROP BOX. An excerpt from the chat follows:

The Classic Metal Show: You are obviously out on tour right now with ANOTHER ANIMAL. Is this your warmup for taking the gig in ANTHRAX?

Crane: "Ha! These are my first interviews I've ever, ever done. I did one before this one. The guy before said there's this thing called Wikipedia out there that says that I'm the ANTHRAX singer."

The Classic Metal Show: It was out there on (the internet) that you did have the gig, then you didn't have the gig, then Corey Taylor had the gig. So we're just curious.

Crane: "Well, I'll tell you. I'm in a band with Scott Ian called HOSSIE DC, which is a tribute to AC/DC's Bon Scott era, but we dress up like Hassitic Jews. So they might have gotten that mixed up. We play in New York about two times a year. Scott's one of my closest friends, but I think I would know if I was in the band. I can categorically say that, as of yet, I am not in ANTHRAX."

The Classic Metal Show: Would you consider being in ANTHRAX?

Crane: "I don't think so. I think I've got my band, for now. I think it's my destination."

read the whole interview here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83278

another animal's album didn't sell for crap even though its one of the better albums of this year. i doubt the record company would want them to make another album. it didn't even make the billboard top 100 and i think now if you sell 10k in a week you make the top 100

I'm a big Anselmo fan - but I prefer Anthrax shows to be song after song, pounding the hell out of the crowd like on the WCFYA tour. With a 20 minute Phil speech between every song, it'd kinda take away from the momentum (as well as the length of the setlist).

:lol:

Yeah. Phils gotta drawl about "how proud he is" about something, then a bit about weed and beer followed by "Hey Zakk is here, get up here motherfucker and jam with us", then comes "fuck the media"-bit and the 20 minute "that guy took a snapshot with his cellphone, beat him". And if there is time left they´ll play Metal thrashing mad and Phil can lay down some ryhmes in Bring the noize.

What about zak stevens.....

I know I've mentioned it before, but that guy can sing!
He probably would pull off the john bush era easily....
Just listen to Savatage "Taunting cobras" song off their "Handful of Rain" album.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind if John returned, actually. As long as they do something more thrashy and less... like... the stuff they did after SOWN. (Not sure how to classify it. It's part Pantera worship, part straight-up metal, and part hard rock... o_O In any case, I didn't like it.)