Who can tell me about this Alien box set?

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Quadrilogy-Aliens-Resurrection/dp/B0000VCZK2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3987027-1013407?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194419148&sr=8-1[/ame]

Says 9 discs. What the hell do they have on 5 discs of bonus content?

Honestly, should buy it anyway, since I don't have them on DVD, but I'm just wondering if I should go for this, or just buy all the DVD's separately used?

Edit: I'm aware there are reviews and listings on the Amazon set, but amazon reviewers typically have their heads up their asses, and the list doesn't tell me much of "This is just shitty bonus filler that only animals enjoy" or "This is the most kick ass bonus shit EVER".

About 25 bucks.

It's not so much a thing of being thrifty as it is a problem of me not wanting to waste the money if the set is nothing special.

Well, I saw em at this little state-chain store in town, which TYPICALLY has good condition used DVD's... but every once in a while there is a really bad one, and returning is a pain in the ass with these small fucking state-chain stores.

Had that box set at the video store I worked at. Never got around to watching the special features for 3 resurection, or the 9th disc. But the content for Alien(s) is great. Seems like a good price too.

Alein 3 is an interesting movie ( directed by David Fincher ) BUT, having come off the HUGE aliens box office smash it just cannot compete.

4 has a few moments but is rather bland most of the time and that GAY looking alien baby at the end is completely laughable.

Fincher really tried to make a good movie out of 3, but the studio wouldn't let him. He declined to participate in any of the special features for the aforementioned box set and pretty much disowns the film. Jean-Pierre Jeunet was a bad choice to direct 4 (though I like his other work, and the visuals were pretty amazing), and Joss Whedon (scriptwriter) also pretty much disowns the final treatment. THe original script also didn't have the stupid xenomorph/human hybrid baby.

For me, the the quality of the movies goes in this order: 2, 1, 4, 3

Resurrection wasn't that great, but I liked it a hell of a lot better than 3, which was just people being chased around in a boring building by a cow alien. I want my Alien movies to have spaceships, laser beams and high tech space marines, not a set where the predominant color is beige.