Who has seen Katatonia open for PT?

Kirkfjell

Sep 2, 2003
Brämhult, Sweden
Visit site
Ave, mates.

How come there are no reports whatsoever on Katatonia's opening performances on the current Porcupine Tree tour? Surely some guys hanging out here must have seen them. I was aiming to get a glimpse of the Katz in Stockholm last tuesday, but they started playing already at 7 and I was delayed ...

Any comments at all on setlist, performance, sound ...?

Cheers!

Taken from the CONCERTS thread:

Look around there's more floating around the forum..

saw Porcupine Tree and KATATONIA last night.

Kata was awesome, sound was ok, good setlist (favourites I can remember.. July, My Twin, Follower, Forsaker and the best one imo Evidence).
You could tell Jonas was loving playing Stockholm.
He was so pumped after the last track that he was stuttering thanking the audience.
Great gig guys!!!

Porcupine Tree... Oh boy!
This band plays their own league live. Its without a doubt the best sounding gig I have ever seen, the perfection is amazing, every song was like a complete recreation of the originals and Steven doesnt miss one note on the vocal part, its almost scary.
I remember beeing amazed last time I saw them but this was even better, floored.

I have'nt been that impressed with The Incident at all, but seeing it live like this with this sound, the imagery and videos on the projector just made it magic, pure magic.

Best song was The Start of Something Beautiful on the second set.

Im defenitely seeing them next time they come, even if the next album for some reason sucks I know they wont disappoint live.

Taken from the CONCERTS thread:

Look around there's more floating around the forum..

I agree what is said about PT, but Katatonia was a dissapointment. Okey, they had to cut the gig short cuz of some problems with the drums, but still they sounded bad, vocals didnt sound good and I rily couldnt even hear the guitars well enough. :cry:

One thing that almost saved the set thou, was that they played 'Murder' and it was cool to see Jonas doing some grunt vocals :rolleyes:

And this was @ Helsinki just last night

Over and Out

~chokka

e. anyhow, im still waiting for an opportunity to see Katatonia again! Hopefully asap! 8)