Who Is Your Favorite Annihilator Vocalist?

Who Is Your Favorite Annihilator Vocalist?

• Randy Rampage

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Coburn Pharr

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Aaron Randall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff Waters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Comeau

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

The Metal Master

The Ace of Spades
May 25, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Since Annihilator have been through so many different frontmen, this is always a fun question to ask. This question is not about who is the best Annihilator vocalist, just your favorite one. My vote goes to Randy Rampage, who did vox on "Alice in Hell" and "Criteria For A Black Widow". Rampy is probably the least talented Annihilator vocalist, but he has undisputed attitude that sounds great on their heavier material. Sometimes I listen to "King of the Kill" and "Refresh the Demon" and wish that Rampy had sung the heavier songs on them. He croaks with an unmatched intensity. Just for the record, I think Joe Comeau is the most talented singer Annihilator has had. He is able to sound like Halford and Dickinson yet has his own sound.

I voted Joe, for his diversity. He can play most type songs. But if he just did Carnival Diablous I would say Randy Rampage, for the same reasons a Metal Master. Joe really didn't show his own style properly until Waking the Fury.

Originally posted by Weapon X
I voted Joe, for his diversity. He can play most type songs. But if he just did Carnival Diablous I would say Randy Rampage, for the same reasons a Metal Master. Joe really didn't show his own style properly until Waking the Fury.
Joe had a much more focused style on "Waking the Fury", with the exception of the Ozzy-like inflections in "Torn". I actually think his performance in "Carnival Diablos" was a little more impressive due to his range. He went in the higher registers and you could hear the Halford influence ("Time Bomb") as well as Dickinson influence ("Epic of War"). "Waking the Fury" ultimately captured Joe's own style better, but he more or less stuck to the same vocal delivery throughout the album. Irregardless of which performance you like better, there is no doubt that Joe Comeau is a killer vocalist and a class guy to boot.

The voting is very close, which Joe holding on to a slim 4-3 lead over Randy Rampage!