Who plays bass on Masquerade '98?

Granskog

Kalle
Jan 29, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Had Miller left by then?

My guess would be Lepond as the bass doesnt really cut through in the mix. (and we all assosiate that with Lepod doesnt we?? (= )

by the way, Kick ass song!! probably their best in my opinion.

The second version on the odyssey is done by Lepond to my knowledge (that's the '98 version), although the part itself was written by Miller when the song was first written.

The first version of Masquerade '98 that I have knowledge of is from some strange, rare, and impossible to find Twilight in Olympus cd, so I doubt it is Lepond. I'd say it's Miller.

ElPredicador, does the first part of your sig mean:not to you, master, not to you, but give glory to your name? I wasn't really sure but that's how I translated it. Also I wasn't aware of a Masquerade '98 on twilight in olympus, but if there was a copy with that on it, it would be miller and i want to get it.

It would be something like Not to us, Lord (God), not to us, but to your name give glory. It is the templar knight's motto.

Regarding the CD, I don't have that twilight, but saw that on the internet a while ago (well, a couple of years actually). Also, Masquerade '98 apperaed on Prelude to the Millenium (1998): http://www.symphonyx.com/cd_prelude.html

oh right, to you would be vobis not nobis, and right dominus would mean god in that sense not just master. I guess that's why i'm getting a B in latin and not an A. I am aware of it being on prelude to the millenium, and now that i look at it's name it looks like masquerade '98 would first apear on it, since it was made in '98, but that's just my guess. I'm sure that you did see something about it being on twilight in olympus, and it would be cool to see that or get ahold of it, as it is a copy of masquerade with both Miller and Allen.

I remember that someone told me it was some obscure Argentinian edition, but I don't know. Anyways, I think that probably all those Masquerades are the same recording: I don't see why they would re record it for every album (Note that Masquerade has appeared on Prelude, V, The Oddyssey, and apparently Twilight).

Really, it's on V? Must be another version from outside the U.S. or some special edition that I never got ahold of or is listed on the site. Then again if they're all the same version than why would I want to get all of them? And I guess I thought that it was different recordings because I thought it was only on the two, and I remeber reading somewhere in an interview or something that they had re recorded, but that's just the impression I got *shrug*

Granskog said:
Had Miller left by then?

My guess would be Lepond as the bass doesnt really cut through in the mix. (and we all assosiate that with Lepod doesnt we?? (= )

by the way, Kick ass song!! probably their best in my opinion.
Bass on Masquerade '98 wasn't Miller. Lepond wasn't involved with the band at that time either. Romeo is the one who laid down the track for that particular version.

Glenn

Wait wait wait whoa. Masquerade was on Twilight and V? I must admit that I'm skeptical. I know the original version was on ST, and the 98 version was on Prelude and Odyssey.

When did Twilight and V get involved? I've never even heard the slightest rumor about that.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Masquerade was on Twilight and V? I must admit that I'm skeptical.

When did Twilight and V get involved? I've never even heard the slightest rumor about that.

I'm with you with this...I havn't heard anything about it being Twilight or V...

WhoFooldU said:
Bass on Masquerade '98 wasn't Miller. Lepond wasn't involved with the band at that time either. Romeo is the one who laid down the track for that particular version.

Glenn

well if this is true then who played drums? had Jason Rullo returned? if its Wailing it would explain the opening fill... (Totally offtopic: what do you call those fills any way? you know with two (or four) hand strokes and then two feet strokes. )

OfSinsAndShred said:
Wait wait wait whoa. Masquerade was on Twilight and V? I must admit that I'm skeptical. I know the original version was on ST, and the 98 version was on Prelude and Odyssey.

Twilight in Olympus is just a rumour I heard... I never got my hands on that cd, so it might not be true. However, I have had my hands on a copy of V that had Masquerade 98 as a bonus track. I think it was the Japanese edition, but I can't say for sure.

ElPredicador said:
Twilight in Olympus is just a rumour I heard... I never got my hands on that cd, so it might not be true. However, I have had my hands on a copy of V that had Masquerade 98 as a bonus track. I think it was the Japanese edition, but I can't say for sure.
Hm. Learn something new every day. V with Masquerade would be the best damn album EVER.

Granskog said:
well if this is true then who played drums? had Jason Rullo returned? if its Wailing it would explain the opening fill... (Totally offtopic: what do you call those fills any way? you know with two (or four) hand strokes and then two feet strokes. )

Quads