Who should guest on Opeth's next album?

Bleakest Harvest said:
Per sings?? I'm not sure if you noticed but Per's 'singing' on Lamentations was awful, he sounded off key in a lot of places. No way should they let that guy do backing vox again.
Damn right

Nick Drake on acoustic guitar and vocals + Mikael Akerfeld on solo guitar and vocals. Too bad that Nick's dead...

Kooma said:
I'd like to hear Opeth song with female vocals.

I, for one, hope this never happens. On the other hand, Opeth would probably only do it if it was really appropriate, and I might end up appreciating it. I know I'd give it a fair try.

Bleakest Harvest said:
Per sings?? I'm not sure if you noticed but Per's 'singing' on Lamentations was awful, he sounded off key in a lot of places. No way should they let that guy do backing vox again.
You are judging from one live performance. His vox didn't really sound off on the DVD, he just did different harmonies than are on the cds.

When I saw em live and in a few other bootlegs, he was great with vox and filling in some of those extra guitar lines. He knows what he's doing.

Hmmm.... Fred Durst?

Really I have to agree with Gin, in that if someone must make a guest appearance, Johan Liiva would be great.... also it would be great if he didnt leave Arch Enemy. God damn it I still need to get some Hearse and NonExist albums too.

NP: Arch Enemy- Heart of Darkness.... why did Angela have to sing this one?

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Ihsahn should make a guest appearance.

But I would be fine with just the band members.

And the Andy Latimer guest appearing sounds great, but I don't know how he would fit on a black metal-influeced CD...

Hehe maybe not. But if they where to experiment some, and make a real old 70´s prog rock song with alot of death/black metal mixed into it, it would be really interesting to se what Latimer could contribute
:dopey:

Opeth...a death metal band...wrote damnation.

why couldnt andy latimer find something to do in a different genre?

The man is very talented...im sure he would contribute something great and unique to the album if thats what it came down to.

IAmEternal said:
I, for one, hope this never happens. On the other hand, Opeth would probably only do it if it was really appropriate, and I might end up appreciating it. I know I'd give it a fair try.

I think it could be done well. Hell, it worked for Dark Tranquillity in the album "The Gallery". I think that female vox would actually have been awesome in Black Rose Immortal. Not throughout, but some parts would be great with a female solo. Other parts might be cool with a duet type dealie, like what Dark Tranquillity did with Lethe. I'm not suggesting that they rip off Dark Tranquillity, but I love that album and I think that if Dark Tranquillity can pull it off, Opeth can too.

My friend handed me a demo of a San Diego band called Medialab. They struck me right away as sounding a lot like Katatonia. Anyway they have this black girl that sings background on a couple tunes and it fucking sounds great.

Interesting idea for a female singer on maybe some of Opeth's mid-tempo cleaner parts.