Who would you want to see on an Anthrax tribute album?

I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF SLIPKNOT, BUT I THINK THEY COULD PULL SOMETHING OFF VERY WELL... MAYBE GUNG HO OR CAUGHT IN A MOSH.

DEFINATELY FU MANCHU DOING AMONG THE LIVING. POSSIBLY CAUGHT IN A MOSH.

DEFTONES ARE ANTHRAX FANS.. I AM FANS OF BOTH. I DUNNO WHAT SONG I'D HAVE THEM DO THOUGH.

THOSE ARE THE ONLY BANDS I CAN REALLY THINK OF THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO PULL SOMETHING OFF.

Slayer - Caught in a Mosh
Pantera - Among the Living
Metallica - Only
Primus - Got the Time
Testament - In My World
Slipknot - Madhouse
Powerman 5000 - Crush
Cannibal Corpse - Chromatic Death (i know it's originally a SOD
song but I'd love to hear them do it)

Iced Earth - Belly of the Beast
Nevermore - Keep It In The Family (For some reason, I think this would work incredibly well.)
Testament - I Am The Law
Slayer - Caught in a Mosh
Kreator - Imitation of Life
Destruction - Metal Thrashing Mad
Mercyful Fate - Death From Above (I don't know...I just want to hear that. )
Black Label Society - Inside Out
Shredder (My band...hahaha...like my band would ever be on an album with all those good bands) - Medusa

I'd personally also really like to see Primus worked in there, somehow...

Also, I would've LOVED to hear Megadeth cover Only...but that could sadly never happen...

EDIT: Whoops...forgot Dream Theater - Among the Living

Let me have a such controversity! I´ll put up an album containing: Joe Jackson - Got The Time, Trust - Antisocial, Sects, Discharge - Protest And Survive, Public Enemy - Bring The Noise, Morrisey - London, Beastie Boys - Looking Down..., Radiohead - The Bends, and last but not least... Alice Cooper´s I´m Eighteen! What do you say? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ThraxMan
Honestly guys & gals, I don't like tribute albums as I like the real thing, not an imitation.

I agree, I'm not much into the tribute albums either! If you wanna hear a certain band, then go buy some of their albums. I think every band should do their own stuff!

"But that's just one fellow's opinion!"

Cheerz!

But then we'd never hear Anthrax kicking ass on someone else's tunes!

I doubt any band could make an Anthrax song sound as good as Anthrax makes it sound, but I'd like to see newer bands give Anthrax some credit and respect, and it would also be interesting to see other people's take on some of the songs. (Not always though...what was Toad the Wet Sprocket thinking when they covered "Rock and Roll All Nite" on the Kiss tribute album :puke: )

For example, I own four AC/DC tribute albums, with a wide variety of styles. None of them are as good as AC/DC, sure, but they make for interesting listens all the same. The most surprising one was a country version (!) of "You Shook Me All Night Long", which I almost hate to say didn't sound too bad. Another album "Covered in Black", is all industrial bands covering AC/DC tunes, and there's some pretty cool versions of classic tunes (mind you there's some shitty ones, too).