Whoa...kick ass!

Patric

Nov 1, 2001
Disneyland
Who's to say that all Music from Denmark is shit? After hearing much good (someone even compared them to AA) I decided to check out Urkraft...this shit is quality! And notice all the Danish (heathen) lyrics, they must be the FIRST death metal band to do that (well apart from my own project of course)..anyway, check some songs out at www.urkraft.dk and tell me what ya think...I'm quite impressed. Danish dynamite? :hotjump:

It must be easy for a Dane to growl, he only has to lower his voice a little bit from his normal talking voice and you've got the basic growling ;)

This sounds pretty good acctually, I downloaded a song from the homepage, Nord (Den første Krig).
Listening to it right now.

ive had unkraft for a while and always thought it was realy good. great guitar riffs and shit. the only song on there that is absolutely gay is that bonus song.... that over the hills and far away shit... the guitars are good but that is probably the gayest metal song ive ever herd!!! but the rest of the album is realy good.... i think home again is probably the best song on there. but you should check out Valdr Galga which is a much better album than unkraft! i hear the new one isnt worth much mentioning but i havent herd it yet. but yes thyrfing is pretty kick ass!!

Well aside from the fact that they we're talking about the Danish band Urkraft, not the Thyrfing album...

I totally fucking love their cover of Gary Moores 'Over the Hills and Far away", thats a classic Heavy Metal/Hard Rock track...

by the way... what the fuck does Urkraft mean anyway?

and theres a pretty good amount of danish metal bands known...
probably a very good amount of which we'd like, I know I like Saturnus, Urkraft, Hatesphere, Mercyful Fate, Koldborn, Compos Mentis, Illdisposed, Iron Fire, Manticora, Invocator, Wuthering Heights, Pretty Maids & Aurora, :):shiver at pat:: I did not need to know about blonde swedish guys hooking up with danish death metal drummers bud :tickled: )

Abdunor
Alien Force
Ancient Sadness
André Andersen
Angantyr
Anoxia (Den)
Apollyon
Artillery
Aurora
Autumn Leaves
Behind the Curtain
Beyond Twilight
Blazing Eternity
Bloodcum
Brats
Brutality Reigns Supreme
Caustic (Den)
Cauterized
Chrome Shift
Compos Mentis
Compulsory
Contempt (Den)
Cornerstone
Corpus Mortale
Crystal Knight
Cyanotic
Cyborg
Deity's Flesh
Demon Realm
Denial of God
Desexult
Dominus
Edenbeast
End My Sorrow
Evil
Exmortem
Fairytale Abuse
Fate
Feikn
Ferro Ignique
Force of Evil
Frozen Sun
Furious Trauma
Granhammer
Grope
Hatesphere
Holmgang
Illdisposed
Illnath
Infernal Torment
Iniquity
Invocator
Iron Fire
Jackal
King Diamond
Koldborn
Konkhra
Maceration
Maltese Falcon
Manticora
May-Linn
Melodic Meltdown
Mercenary (Den)
Mercyful Fate
Michael Denner
Mordor (Den)
Narita
Nortt
Panzerchrist
Pretty Maids
Prophets of Doom
Pyaemia
Royal Hunt
Sacrificial
Saturnus
Sinphonia
Solhverv
Sortsind
The Loveless
Thorium
Twilight (Den)
Unleashed Power
Urkraft
Wasted
Waysted
Witch Cross
Withering Surface
Wuthering Heights
Zoser Mez

:OMG: Now Imagine a swedish list... dear god man

Lunar Tower, that is amazing how you also seem to dig some of my fav. bands, I thought I was the only non-Dane who knew of Saturnus? Do you knew of Kim's new band ofthewandandthemoon? As for Koldborn drummers ehhh well that's cause he was such a great guy at a gig but then I had 6 strongbeers and 4 Shots o' Vodka and fucked it up completely so I lost contact. That's why I got that dream...cursed be the love I bear, haha!

Anyway, glad to shair this band with you guys, I'm totally blown away and will order their material as soon as possible.

NP: Edge of Sanity-A Serenade for the Dead

sounds nice indeed patric, thanks for the tip

and yes LunarTower urkfraft would be translated as gcele said; primordial force, just wanted to verify :)

np: urkraft - knoglerne skriger (what does that mean patric? "the knuckles are screaming"?)

Exactly, my man....Skeletterna rasslar! I really like the lyrics shown, they're Pagan without being any kind of cheesy. Some very beautiful and thought-stimulating words. Speaking of which, spaffe I remember you said that "Vansinnesvisor" had some great poetry too...I was banging my head to that disc the other night and today I was outside with the booklet and my walkman, and I surely do agree that it's some 100% Scandinavian art!

Patric said:
Exactly, my man....Skeletterna rasslar! I really like the lyrics shown, they're Pagan without being any kind of cheesy. Some very beautiful and thought-stimulating words. Speaking of which, spaffe I remember you said that "Vansinnesvisor" had some great poetry too...I was banging my head to that disc the other night and today I was outside with the booklet and my walkman, and I surely do agree that it's some 100% Scandinavian art!
well i haven't had time to read the lyrics, i've only listened to the songs twice and i think i might have a hard time with the danish :) but i'll check them out.

yeah that booklet is awesome, think i posted and suggested that disc for the best artwork of 2002 in the swedish metal forum,
and i haven't changed my mind

Yeah I really dig the layout of Vansinnesvisor, very Swedish/Scandinavian...fits the rest of the albulm totally.

Another thing, I'll be going to SMF tomorrow (saved up 1200 kr. hehe)...and I wanna check out Siebenburgen, a band I know you like. Any suggestions, album-wise?

NP: Motorhead-Dogs of War

Just check out their newest (?) Plagued be thy Angel... their a symphonic Black Metal band... sort of like a norse Anorexia Nervosa or Mystic Circle (but better than the aforementioned)

As for Saturnus etc... I make it a point to know really good obscure bands, makes me feel good about my devotion to metal \m/

no partic, don't listen to LunarTower! ;) "plagued be thy angel" it sucks in comparison with the other ones, go for loreia, that's one of my all-time favourite albums

np: metallica - fade to black