who's going to nwobhm in germany?

saxonfan said:
I should have been more specific,i'm sorry.I was referring to the Saxon tour on Sept 30 and Oct 1.

Ah right I thought you meant there was some NWOBHM festival happening in Germany that I didn't know about. I was reading about one that is happening in Holland but I think it's still in the planning stages, don't think the article mentioned any bands right enough but if the mighty Diamond Head are playing at it, I'll be there for sure. Any excuse to get to Holland eh!!!!

Is there any one on here going to the NWOBHM concert at The Astoria on 4th November? Diamond Head, Praying Mantis, Witchfynde, Jaguar and Bronz. It'll be a crackin night, only £15 as well.

I'm not real computer savvy,i'm not sure how to post a photo.I usually where a yellow baseball type hat when following Saxon so they recognise me.I hope I can find that hat,I last used it last year in the UK on the Lionheart tour part 1.Does anyone know if the venue is close to the airport in Berlin.After the show I will probably have a few drinks,then head to the airport.I'm supposed to be at the airport by 5:30am,I figure why get a room for a few hours.

the distance between airport berlin-tegel and the gig is about 16-20 km only. easyly rechable by taxi i think.

there are 3 airports in berlin: tegel, tempelhof and schönefeld

i think you come from the airport tegel so here you are:

*klick*

in the corner down right there is a gray spot - that is the airport tempelhof from where you just fall out of the exit hall and right into the huxleys :tickled:

in THAT case: take a little compass with you - thats all you need

saxonfan said:
I'm not real computer savvy,i'm not sure how to post a photo.I usually where a yellow baseball type hat when following Saxon so they recognise me.I hope I can find that hat,I last used it last year in the UK on the Lionheart tour part 1.Does anyone know if the venue is close to the airport in Berlin.After the show I will probably have a few drinks,then head to the airport.I'm supposed to be at the airport by 5:30am,I figure why get a room for a few hours.

It depends which airport you come in at, Saxonfan. The venue is very near Tempelhof airport, but if you mean Tegel airport, then you would probably need to get a taxi.

i think you will arrive at the station called 'zoologischer garten'.

let's have a look at the map

*klick*

approx. 9km

cu in hamburg :headbang:

I've been to the gig in Hamburg yesterday - it was GREAT!!!!!

I'm not a die hard fan of Saxon, but always liked them since the 80ies (oh, I'm feeling so old right now *gg*); yesterday was the first time I saw them live.

Just great great great!!!

Anyone remembers the full set list?
My memory isn't working well, as my ears are still ringing ;-)

CU
Witch

Hallo !

Long time no posting at this board, last time was in 2001 I think...anyway -

So we have been to the gig yesterday evening too (it was our 5th Saxon-concert since 1981 ) and it was absolutely awesome !!! :headbang: The location was sold out, it was SO hot and my ears are also still ringing ! It was so great to hear all the Hammer-songs again !! :headbang:

(sorry, can´t remember the set-list)