Who's going to see Opeth?

The Metal Chick said:
I have to be honest and say that I don't really like Into Eternity's live performance. People rave about them, but they just don't pull it off as well as on the studio albums, which are indeed very good. Just my opinion.

If you're judging them solely on their performance at PP, they are MUCH better than that. That show did not do them justice at all. They were only a band for like 2 weeks for that show anyway, so they had balls to even do it. They've gotten a better singer and since they've been touring up the ass this year, they have gotten much tighter as a band. I've seen them 5 times this year and it's been cool to see them progress.

Of course, IE may just not be your cup of tea. But if you're only judging them on that one performance, I think you should give them another shot. :)

you guys are lucky because you get Nevermore.

I went to see Opeth this past sunday in Hollywood, CA, and we got some experimental metalcore/nu-metal band, called "eyes of fire." Anyways, Opeth ruled the show and treated the crowd greatly! Mikael is great interacting with the crowd, you'll like him.

I didn't see any Symphony X shirts :( I should've worn mine, but I went with a casual polo shirt.

Prog Maiden said:
If you're judging them solely on their performance at PP, they are MUCH better than that. That show did not do them justice at all. They were only a band for like 2 weeks for that show anyway, so they had balls to even do it. They've gotten a better singer and since they've been touring up the ass this year, they have gotten much tighter as a band. I've seen them 5 times this year and it's been cool to see them progress.

Of course, IE may just not be your cup of tea. But if you're only judging them on that one performance, I think you should give them another shot. :)

Nope, I'm not judging them just on that performance. Saw them open for Edguy and Hammerfall, and even though their new singer is totally hot, they just didn't do it for me. Like I said, I love their studio work. If they were playing with Opeth here in Chicago, I'd have a third chance to form an opinion. Instead we have lame Fireball Ministry :rolleyes:

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I love Opeth live. They're so laid-back.

Anyway, I'm going to try to see them in NYC on November 3rd. However, I can't seem to find a way to get tickets. They're not being sold online, and I live in Connecticut, so I don't want to travel all the way to New York to buy tickets at the door just to find that they've sold out. Does anyone know why tickets aren't available for some of these shows?

The tickets for the 11/3 show are being sold on www.ticketweb.com. I'll be there. I like Nevermore, but not as much as the other 2. Something about Dane I just don't like....but Loomis is unreal.

I've seen Into Eternity twice this year and they were much much tighter the second time around. They've had a lot of lineup changes so of course its gonna take them a little bit to get everything tight.

I can't go anymore. :( The person that I'm going with isn't 18 yet... And there's no way that I'm going all the way to New York just to get told that he can't come in. Dammit...my life sucks.

Yeah, he'll be turning 18 two weeks after the show. But he read somewhere that you need proof of your age. I don't know how well they enforce the 18+ rule though, because I've never been to this venue. I just don't want him to be turned away, because it would be a waste of time and walking.