Who's the back up vocalist in Only A Dream?

That's Chris Herring doing the backups. :)
When Alex and I went to see Chris and his band, Mind Gallery, play, one of the things aside from his playing that blew us away was his singing. We knew he was the right guy for the job when we saw him play, but when he opened up his mouth and began to sing backups... That was a total bonus for us, since no one else in the band, aside from Salinas, can sing... :lol: We really wanted to incorporate more of his singing on the CD, but fell short of time since the label was on our backs to hurry up and finish. So hopefully next CD will feature allot more between both Chris'. :D

~D

Originally posted by Theater of Omens
ummm... hey, is it ok if someone can post the lyrics to Only a Dream? :) ::COUGH COUGH maybe Dave or Chris H. COUGH COUGH:: Thanks :D

“Only a Dream”

Things I’ve seen, the life that I lived
Down that road, so long ago.
When life was a simple lesson,
A passionate seed to grow.

So now I grow to realize the dreams inside are tainted and affray...
They will never go away.

The dreams I have at night.
They seem to fill the air.
I’m running down the street but I
Can’t seem to find my friends.

They will never go away.

Why should it be so hard?
To remember the way it was.
For now, I’ll just live and dream
This lie, till I die...I’ll ask why.

(Guitar Solo)

They will never go away.

Seems that I could never find,
Now that I am torn...

They will never go away.

For now, I’ll just live and dream
This lie I am.

:) :) :)

Thanks guys!

I really would've liked to contribute more vox to the CD- live will be a different story, however, as long as I can "multi-task"...LOL.
Which is a big challenge in itself, especially with everything else going on. Found that out the hard way at Prog Power.

Kind of different, as I've never really had any problems before doing backups and playing, I guess it has something to do with the 10,000 other things going on with the music I have to try to keep up with...ROTFLMAO.

CH

It's like so cool that you guys respond to our questions and really care about what we think. Most bands wouldn't give a care, but you guys are freagin' awesome. And what makes it better for me is that you guys are my favorite band. Hopefully you guys dont forget about us after yous get all big and stuff with the Rooms of Anguish album. That album is going to kick so much ass. Thanks guys. ;)
::has had the two first spaces on his cd folder open since he heard Rooms of Anguish was coming up and that Eyes of the Oracle is being re-released:: :lol:

Amen, Theater of Omens. That's exactly right. (about PofO posting, not getting bigtime, but....)

I can just imagine the PofO guys getting all bigtime...

Dave: "you'll have to raise the molecular density of that red carpet if you expect me to get off the plane"

Chris H: "No, you cretin! I said I wanted a jar of only BLUE m&m's, not yellow!!"

etc, etc. ;)

A fine job indeed Chris.

If we had to listen to Dave croak out another backing track... good gawd.

You know those "skips" on Oracle... not skips at all... poorly edited spots where they tried to delete Dave's monkey-love howls.

=P - j/k bro

Zilla

Originally posted by PowerFreak
A fine job indeed Chris.

If we had to listen to Dave croak out another backing track... good gawd.

You know those "skips" on Oracle... not skips at all... poorly edited spots where they tried to delete Dave's monkey-love howls.

=P - j/k bro

Zilla

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

I just don't know where everything went wrong...I mean I sound so incredible in the truck with the tunes blasting....but for some reason, it doesn't seem the same by myself in front of a mic.... :lol:

;)

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord

can just imagine the PofO guys getting all bigtime...

Dave: "you'll have to raise the molecular density of that red carpet if you expect me to get off the plane"

etc, etc. ;)

I'm not sure man, the red in that carpet doesn't look red enough....I'm not putting MY foot on that thing!!!! :lol:

;)

Originally posted by Theater of Omens
It's like so cool that you guys respond to our questions and really care about what we think. Most bands wouldn't give a care, but you guys are freagin' awesome. And what makes it better for me is that you guys are my favorite band. Hopefully you guys dont forget about us after yous get all big and stuff with the Rooms of Anguish album. That album is going to kick so much ass. Thanks guys. ;)
::has had the two first spaces on his cd folder open since he heard Rooms of Anguish was coming up and that Eyes of the Oracle is being re-released:: :lol:

Personally, I cannot see why more bands don't do this. It's great being able to interact with everyone. You know, if it were not for you guys....this band woud not exist. It's fun getting to know people who listen to us, and very very cool having a place like this where we can actually be a part of everything. I feel extremely grateful to have all of you around posting on this board...and there is one thing you can always count on...if this band ever makes it to a higher level of success...we will NEVER forget those who got us there ;-)

THANK YOU!!!!!!

~D