Whose drumkit would you rather have?

I have found some KILLER deals on used drum equipment. Just like a car, they need a bit fixing up to one's own preference (e.g., heads).

But I wouldn't pay the prices these guys are asking for what they represent to be drums once owned/played by popular drummers.

The set apparently once owned by Peart looks like crap. The lugs don't look like Artstar lugs to me, and look at the weak bass drum spurs. Peart certainly wouldn't use spurs like that.

Anyway, enough drum geeking from me...

Originally posted by drumslut
The set apparently once owned by Peart looks like crap. The lugs don't look like Artstar lugs to me, and look at the weak bass drum spurs. Peart certainly wouldn't use spurs like that.

Anyway, enough drum geeking from me...

Actually, that's interesting. I'm guessing they are replacement parts, given the kit is 20 years old and had to endure Neil pummeling it for three tours.

Now if one of his DW kits was up for grabs.... Hello, Satan? What's my soul worth? :lol:

BTW, that kit was given away in a Modern Drummer contest. People sent in tapes of themselves playing and Neil chose from some finalists. One was a clever drummer, a female, who sent in a tape of one smack on a snare drum. That's it, just one snare crack. Neil was so amused she made it to the finals.