Why am I NOT surprised....?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wonder how long that would last.

Let's see... Axl Rose with a fake Guns n' Roses as opposed to the recent regrouping of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, and Dizzy with a new to-be-announced vocalist?

The fact that Axl's even using the title of Guns n' Roses for this group is a joke.

I guess I'm in the minority (at least on this page), in that I would look forward to the concert (which was supposed to be Dec. 22nd in Phoenix), but I am not surprised this happened. Oh well.

Originally posted by downure
Let's see... Axl Rose with a fake Guns n' Roses as opposed to the recent regrouping of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, and Dizzy with a new to-be-announced vocalist?

according to Blabbermouth, the singer of Days of the New has been singing with them... I hope not....

Originally posted by downure

The fact that Axl's even using the title of Guns n' Roses for this group is a joke.

They were buzzing around a certain female vocalist I was jamming with a few months ago about this position......but I don't think anything ever went past that inquiry.

It's funny that you bring up the guy from Days Of The New, being that his vocal style is basically a blatent ripoff of someone who I originally thought would have fit that vocal slot perfectly.

Unfortunately, Layne Staley happens to be dead.

I was a GnR fan way back when, but all the shit he would pull like being 2 hours late and being an asshole in general ruined it for me. I liked the music, but not that much. I cant stand pompous fucks and he had the rare opportunity to make a come back and he does this kinda shit? Some people think they are bigger than they are...

I wont be losing any sleep...Besides, I am partial to Queensryche!

Guns n roses has severely abused their fanbase for so long, this cancellation doenst' come as a surprise. I am looking forward to what the band sans axl's new project, but i do fear that whatever musical magic the members of GnR held is long gone. No matter who works with whom, they will never be the same.

and so, i just deposit them in that same special place i put bands like metallica... bands that should have gone away gracefully...

I've seen GNR quite a few times and they were VERY disappointing, particularly because of Axl.

I can only describe his voice, quoting a good friend of mine, as "sounding like EDITH BUNKER!" (from All in the Family for you young pups).

On a more objective note, the reviews I've read of the recent shows were rather positive. I don't doubt the musicanship of the fake GNR, but I question whether Axl really sang that well ...