why COB never play follow the reaper?

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
yeah... anybody know why? is one of the best songs for me... and is one of the songs that "they hit the world" :p

why? i only have follow the reaper live in japan like 2001 i think ... bat nothing more...

I agree its a great song, better than a lot of the songs in their setlist.

ps Anybody have any recent live Kissing the Shadows recording?

I guess one of the reasons would be the poor acoustic properties of the music halls. Follow the reaper is really "polluted", it has many channels which might get one over another if played live...

they obviously care, and let them care. This is a much more intelligent covorsation that most of what goes on here.

BloodyScalpel said:
I guess one of the reasons would be the poor acoustic properties of the music halls. Follow the reaper is really "polluted", it has many channels which might get one over another if played live...

Yeah that's true, FtR is the most mixed CoB album (HB coming right next) meaning that the original sound has been changed very much. (AYDY is very original, live-like.) I'd love to hear this song live just to see how it is 'naked'.

I once asked to Alexi : -why you never play Norther Comfort and Wrath within?
Alexi: (watching the ground and touching his hairs) well...
Alachi: ... you don't like it?...these are two of my favorite songs!
Alexi: really?
Alachi yes
Alexi: well we don't like these song so much
Alachi: can i take a picture with you?
Alexi: sure!
Alachi: and please sign my ticket, can you write "i hate you!"?
Alexi (laughs)
then he wrote to me "i fuckin hate you!" LOL:)
then i talked alot with Jaska and Alexander but this is another story :)

I think it was Iron Maiden that said that when playing their studio songs live, because there is maybe 10+ guitar tracks on the recording, they need to choose which guitar parts to play live without it sounding "unrecognisable." This maybe the case on Follow the Reaper, and that as they are restricted to two guitars that its not easy to play!

Alachi said:
i don't think so, they play much harder songs live.
It would be a nice question for the band

Its an useless question for the band, they play the songs they want to play live. If they liked FTR as much as some of you (and me) does, they would include it in their setlist

I'm pretty sure that worked with Anthrax...all the fans wanted to hear Lone Justice, so they had a petition to hear Lone Justice, and it pulled through. At the same time, Children of Bodom has a ton more fans right now than Anthrax.