Why does Into Eternity never receive the deserved recognition?

painergrey

Jul 15, 2004
I don't think "The Scattering Of Ashes" is Into Eternity's best album... but it's still one of the best of 2006. I keep wondering myself WHY does Into Eternity never receive the deserved recognition for the GREAT music they play?

I was reading this article below and I guess NO ONE mentioned Into Eternity. Shit!

Rob Halford, Guns N' Roses guitarist Bumblefoot, Tim Ripper Owens, Schmier, Mille Petrozza, Mike D'Antonio (Killswitch), Charlie Benante (Anthrax), Chuck Billy (Testament), Mikael Akerfeldet (Opeth), and 147 musicians pick their favorites of 2006

And c'mon... there are mentions to MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE! (Testament's Eric Peterson) :OMG: And not a single one to Into Eternity? Damn it! :mad:

Actually, dude, I do believe I saw this posted on saskmetal, and the dude from Destruction lists Scattering as a favorite of 2006 ;):headbang:

Indeed. That's what I'm talking about. They never get the deserved recognition. One of 155 musicians mentioned it? Lame!

That's the way it works. Those who are truly deserving don't get recognized, it's more of a name game... the more popular the name of the artist/ band the more likely they are to get recognized.

-MetalRose

As sad as that is, its 100% true...Personally, Into Eternitys new cd ranks up there with my favs this year, along with the new Maiden and Vanden Plas Christ-0

I think Slayer won by far. But I remember this same article past year, and Nevermore overcame System Of A Down at that time. And SOAD's name is much more popular than Nevermore's. Here is the best of 2005 article I've just found.

Best Of 2005 according to 111 musicians

What impresses me the most is Strapping Young Lad making it quite big two years in a row

Well that's why you got a loud mouth like me to run around and make sure everyone knows who IE are. I tell people about the band like it's my job. Eventually people will have to catch on

oh hell it's working! I've been doing that too and shove them down everybody's throat.. like Shawn Drover's and look where that got them :D
Of course all that touring and all the CM press is reaching quite a few more people. IE's star IS on the rise big time, but that doesn't mean they're gonna have Slayer fame overnight. Patience and hard work.. as long as the star is rising it's all good.

I've recommended them to a GREAT guitar player when they had to replace the moron who ran away. I wouldn't mention his name, but he just didn't join the band, because he is committed with another band doing very well right now.

Destruction's Schmier is the only one with good taste hah. Anyways, if you go to SMNnews.com, fans voted Scattering Of Ashes as one of the top 10 albums of the year, so there's something positive right there, personally for me it's my favorite, just above the new Agalloch and God Dethroned releases.

The Dutch leading metal mag Aardschok had only one mention of TSOA, from the guy who reviewed and interviewed them, so it didn't make their total yearlist..
Not enough people that know them well enough, too many bands to choose from. I finally compiled a top 10 and it was pretty hard! Hey, I'll post it in a new thread!

The Dutch leading metal mag Aardschok had only one mention of TSOA, from the guy who reviewed and interviewed them, so it didn't make their total yearlist..

Damn, what a shame. We need to spread the word.

I agree with the guy above. Only Schmier has good taste lol

Shame on those mentioning My Chemical Romance.

Hey "Think about your end"! Are those shots of Beyond the Embrace album covers? If so Nice Job!!!!!!!!!