Why don't addicts an alcoholics get along together?

Kaiso

New Metal Member
Nov 3, 2011
Sure, we argue over whose drug is really more fun. Of course, in recovery alcoholics have to let go of selfishness and work a service program from AA, but addicts going to NA get to work a selfish program.

But what is the root of the dissent? Are alcoholics just more square and lame? Are addicts really so much more open-minded?

Enlighten me please.

Sure, we argue over whose drug is really more fun. Of course, in recovery alcoholics have to let go of selfishness and work a service program from AA, but addicts going to NA get to work a selfish program.

But what is the root of the dissent? Are alcoholics just more square and lame? Are addicts really so much more open-minded?

Enlighten me please.

Addiction has nothing to do with drugs. People can have addictions to gambling, sex, stealing, internets, TV, ect.

Alcohol is also a drug, thus comparing alcohol to "drugs" is plainly retarded...

So... to answer your question...

No.

I'm well aware of everything you've just posted. I know that alcoholism is an addiction: that is the root of my question. I'm well aware that there are a variety of addictions and not all of them are related to substances. I'm in recovery. I'm an alcoholic. I've done pretty much every drug aside from heroin and LSD. I've developed some drug habits that are less severe and more easily overcome than my alcoholism (which is logically also a drug habit). But my drug of choice is alcohol. So wherein lies the problem of why I cannot feel a connection to people who label themselves as addicts in recovery whereas I can relate to alcoholics?
Stop bullshitting if you haven't got a real answer.

awww come one. Here, have a beer :)
b207.JPG

I'm well aware of everything you've just posted. I know that alcoholism is an addiction: that is the root of my question. I'm well aware that there are a variety of addictions and not all of them are related to substances. I'm in recovery. I'm an alcoholic. I've done pretty much every drug aside from heroin and LSD. I've developed some drug habits that are less severe and more easily overcome than my alcoholism (which is logically also a drug habit). But my drug of choice is alcohol. So wherein lies the problem of why I cannot feel a connection to people who label themselves as addicts in recovery whereas I can relate to alcoholics?
Stop bullshitting if you haven't got a real answer.

flash12566_look-at-me-herp-derp-nobody-cares.jpg

Here's the difference:

If you go to AA and say you fucked a camel they'll tell you to get out of there and don't come back.

If you go to NA and say you fucked a camel they'll ask, 'What was it like?'

s

I tried to get LSD like a million times, but nobody will give it to me. I am a pussy as regards heroin. You are correct there, sir.

Damn you must look like shit.

Obviously, I've got some communication style problems going down here. But y'all aren't recovered so I figure you like it better talking shit.

Yeah still SUI.:Spin:

Do you really expected help for your little drug/alc problem? :lol: