Why has no one talked about the new Helloween?

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Easily and I mean easily the best album since Master oF THe RIngs and maybe Keeper 2. This is come from someone who has every album minus Pink Bubbles. The sequel to Perfect Gentleman , Who Is Mr. Madman?, really picks up right where Are You Metal? leaves off and the whole album just sores by and you can tell every song apart. I cant believe this far in and they have writtin an album this killer. Even the ballad is good. I will admit the opener felt a little eh...but every song after that is so good. I think a large part of this new power, besides the production and heaviness, has to be credited to Dani on drums. Holy Crap. Sorry Uli but Dani just proved he belongs and lays down a incredibly strong performance that rivals Ingo easily. The blast beats in Are You Metal and the killer rythmns in the beginning of If A Mountain Could Talk are so solid and groovy.Its the heaviest sing Dark Ride but the melody is there as well. Andis vocal performance in Far In The Future is very inspired. Sascha must of lit a fire under Micheals ass and they just rip it up feeding off each other. The solos and melodies never sound old or dated. Hell even the damn FLUTE SOLO in Raise the Noise is excellent and the melodies behind it are engrossing.
If this album doesnt get people back into Helloween nothing will. Gambling With the Devil was excellent....this is better. Better Than Raw. lol. Best Power/ Speed Metal album in quite awhile for me. New Firewind cant touch this. This might be my album of the year. I loved the new Kataklysm, Gwar, Nevermore, Firewind, Heaven Shall Burn, Overkill, Death Angel, Holy Grail, and Soilwork but this.....this album has everything beat.

We talked about it here, as well as in the last page of the favorites of 2010 thread.

Personally, it just didn't quite do it for me. I like a couple of songs, but the production irks me (the drums just sound so fake). It came out right at the same time as three other albums which I felt were far better, and deserving of the little time I have lately to listen to music: Firewind, Allen-Lande and Magic Kingdom.

Wow you liked the new Firewind more? wow Im surprised. Its good but Forged by Fire is still my favorite Firewind. Jorne Lande is killer. I need to check out Magic Kingdom, have not heard them, and I feel like less of man for not knowing them now.

Can you believe that the label didn't send review copies?! How are people supposed to get the word out if there aren't reviews on it? No pysical copies or iPool downloads... I might pick it up at some point but Helloween isn't a band that I go out of my way to listen to anymore.

Go to the store (brick, online or download) and buy a copy :devil: :wave:

Can you believe that the label didn't send review copies?! How are people supposed to get the word out if there aren't reviews on it? No pysical copies or iPool downloads... I might pick it up at some point but Helloween isn't a band that I go out of my way to listen to anymore.

Personally, it just didn't quite do it for me. I like a couple of songs, but the production irks me (the drums just sound so fake).

Basically this.

I decided to skip it, enjoying much more Firewind and Angra for the power metal department this year.

A little too long with 4 or 5 average songs but far better than I expected. It´s an OK album, maybe their best one since "Better than raw". Not a masterpiece but enjoyable.

Wow you liked the new Firewind more? wow Im surprised. Its good but Forged by Fire is still my favorite Firewind. Jorne Lande is killer. I need to check out Magic Kingdom, have not heard them, and I feel like less of man for not knowing them now.

I absolutely loved the new Firewind. It doesn't necessarily have Firewind's greatest songs, but I think it's their best album as a whole. There's not a single song I want to skip. Allen-Lande is indeed awesome. They really stepped it up. Magic Kingdom, you might enjoy if you like Yngwie and Helloween.

I ordered my copy...sounds to be as good as the last few albums have been. I like Helloween. Good band.

Last edited by a moderator:

The new Helloween is very good, but a bit too much on the speedy side for my actual taste. I also much prefer the new Firewind over it. The new Allen/Lande, while more of the same as their previous stuff, gets also more plays than the Helloween.