Why/how ?

Misseri

french member
Apr 22, 2010
France !
hi everybody !!

In this topic you will send :
- Why do you like Echoterra, what do you find special in this band ? and.. what do you don't like in Echoterra (if you regret anything ...)

- How did you discover the band ? in which circonstances ?

- What are your waitings for the next album ?

I start:

I've discovered Echoterra via the official Melissa F. Myspace (because I really like trinity from VoA, and I want to know are she doing in music at that time.)
I listened to the musics on the myspace, and it was a huge heart-stroke (i don't if it's a correct word).

What i like it's the harpsichord, with the orguan, beautiful orchestral arrangements, mel' voice (I don't like Suvi voice as much I like Mel voice !)! the new-age side of their song is great. the male voice is nice!
the thing I "regret" is : I want ballads :p (and heavy songs), to have different song-type in an album is something great (to my mind !)

So for the next album I 'm waiting for the things I "regret" ! :)

Doesn't look like there is much action here just yet but I wanted to pop in and say "hey!"

I found out about this band and website one night when I was listening to visions of atlantis - Trinity album. Listening to Melissa, I began to wonder where she ever went so I did a search and found this band. Gotta say...I love the music I've heard thus far. I was also surprised to see headline shows in the USA. I'm not sure what the bands plans are as of right now in regard to a tour but I would love to see you guys live in Portland Oregon if you ever make it around here.

I'll probably be poking around on these forums from day to day. Hope to talk to you soon.

Hey guys! Oh thanks for the kudos on Trinity! It was a fun album to record! Though the upcoming Echoterra album will be even more fun. ;)

Portland would be killer to go back to. No tour plans as of now and probably not before the new album comes out. maybe you can take a weekend trip over to Minnesota! :D

I found out about Echoterra from the vocalist herself. Great person to interview, and I'm definitely interested in hearing the new material.

Hey all,

this is my first post on this new Echoterra-forum... and of course, not the last ;)

I found out about Echoterra as Jonah put some news of this band on the Pyramaze forum.

I liked the music since I heard the first song, though the former vocalist didn't really do it for me, Mel is so much better!

Due to Jonah, I expect a lot of the next album, up to now I like everything he's doing - Pyramaze, Structure of Inhumanity, Mourning Child and now Echoterra... So I think there is much great stuff to come.

Seems like most people love especially the harpsichord, but, well, I don't. I love the organ, solos and especially the clean piano most. In fact, the harpsichord is one of the very little things that prevents me from giving Pyramaze's debut album "Melancholy Beast" a perfect 10 out of 10. But nevermind, it's far from annoying me, so keep it up if you like it! :)

Criss

PS: Jonah, I expect some news soon :lol:

Ha, I just realized Echoterra was here on the Ultimate Metal boards.

What I like/regret: I just love that it's awesome symphonic metal. I've been a fan of Yan's band Avian for many years. When Jonah left Avian and it became more guitar-oriented with less keyboards, I found I was really missing Jonah's symphonic elements. So Echoterra filled a void for me. Also, Echoterra is the first band to ever thank me in the liner notes. How can I not love them??? :D Regrets? Hmmm, only that I missed their first headlining show.

How I discovered the band: via my friendship with Yan and Jonah. I might well be considered the very first Echoterra fan :loco: I've also been listening to Melissa for many years now (dating all the way back to Aesma Daeva) and I absolutely *love* VoA's Trinity album, so I was quite pleased when she joined Echoterra.

Next album: Though I like the ballads, I gotta say: BRING ON THE HEAVY! Say, Try, Lie, Die is my fav.