Why I dont liek red chilli peppers...RIP OFF of Petty..

NineFeetUnderground said:
true enough. however Opeth once in a while throws a few curveballs, on GR especially. RHCP you could set your watch to.

I disagree - if you take Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Californication, you'd see how big a change they made, and thats without going into their later albums, like By The Way. I mean, it's almost the opposite of their earlier sound. I haven't heard their latest, but it looks like it's a continuation of their last album, not a carbon copy.

Frosties said:
I disagree - if you take Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Californication, you'd see how big a change they made, and thats without going into their later albums, like By The Way. I mean, it's almost the opposite of their earlier sound. I haven't heard their latest, but it looks like it's a continuation of their last album, not a carbon copy.

well, orchid to damnation is also a drastic change. im not saying the RHCP have never changed or done anything different, im just saying on a consistant album to album basis, theyve never blown me away with the choices theyve made really.

Frosties said:

What? Why does everyone ignore the album in between? One hot minute is, IMO, a fantastic album- and sounds different to anything they'd done before or have done after. Much better than the shit from Californication onwards.

And holy fuck the new album is autotuned to death. Horribly crap repetitive songs with a robot singing.

I have red hot chilli peppers for breakfast. Then I drink about 5 gallons of water throughout the day.

The lol is they have a cry about their album being leaked and OMG NO WAI COPYRIGHT!

And then are all WE CAN STEAL SONGS!

FuneralPortrait said:
What? Why does everyone ignore the album in between?

'Cause I've never heard it.

And any band that writes a song like Under The Bridge deserves the utmost respect IMO.

It's interesting that when a band you don't like rips something off, it's labeled as a horrible act of plagiarism. But what if a band like Opeth blatantly copies someone else? I mean, listen to the intro to Benighted and then listen to Never Let Go by Camel. Same shit. But nobody has a problem with this or any of the other stuff that Mikael even admits to ripping off. So I guess what I'm saying is that musical plagiarism shouldn't be a reason to dislike a band because people only identify it as a bad thing when they want to diminish the credibility of a band that they already hate.

x--|SerenityPaintedDeath|--x said:
It's interesting that when a band you don't like rips something off, it's labeled as a horrible act of plagiarism. But what if a band like Opeth blatantly copies someone else? I mean, listen to the intro to Benighted and then listen to Never Let Go by Camel. Same shit. But nobody has a problem with this or any of the other stuff that Mikael even admits to ripping off. So I guess what I'm saying is that musical plagiarism shouldn't be a reason to dislike a band because people only identify it as a bad thing when they want to diminish the credibility of a band that they already hate.

it hurts to admit it....but ure right....im def. guilty of that.....i knew all along bout the benighted intro adn deliverance intro adn many other sections......u speak teh truth young grasshopper...!!!.........I was wrong to call them copycats...but i still dont liek RHCP much......may the spirit of teh buffalo be with u young Marklar..!!..........PEAC EOUT

waz416c said:
it hurts to admit it....but ure right....im def. guilty of that.....i knew all along bout the benighted intro adn deliverance intro adn many other sections......u speak teh truth young grasshopper...!!!.........I was wrong to call them copycats...but i still dont liek RHCP much......may the spirit of teh buffalo be with u young Marklar..!!..........PEAC EOUT

what's deliverance intro copied from?

x--|SerenityPaintedDeath|--x said:
difference: opeth took one lick that is similar to a camel lick (lmao @ "camel lick"), but rhcp pretty much stole a whole song --- the structure, the melodies, the whole feel of it... even the lyrical theme is the same. there's a difference