Why is it that every time I do anything of worth, the file gets corrupted? (Cubase)

Ben Johnson

SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jan 17, 2006
Chicago
Here I am in Cubase, laying down one of those "once in a lifetime" performances, and an error message pops up and tells me the computer is out of resources. What the FUCK? I have 15 tracks, and I'm only using 3 plugins on the master bus! Just audio, not even DFHS is running. My computer is pretty decent by the way (dual 3GHz Xeon, 2GB ram).

So now when I try to open from the file from when I last saved it, the entire program closes by itself, and I have restart the computer in order to hear sound. :mad:

What recourse do I have other than redoing the entire fucking thing? Can the file be rescued somehow?

wow thats a tough one, but do you have the auto save function on i used to have somewhat of that problem in Nuendo 2 how i worked around that was.....after the first track was recorded i saved as, and i had the auto save on so after everyfew mins the .npr file was there if it crashed on me i just reopened Nuendo and went to recent project and there it was. that may or may not help you.

Fuck if Reaper did to me something like that only once i would surely stop using it !

Loss of data is something that can't be forgiven !

Steinberg sucks !

The file opened after probably the 9th time of restarting my computer...and I saved it with a different file name. Autosave is now turned on.

Reaper...if I live through this project in Cubase, I'll give Reaper a try. I've heard nothing but good things.

Are you perhaps using a downloaded version of Cubase? When i used a downloaded version a while back it gave me nothing but hassles, and little errors just popped up when they please.

I've been using an illegal Cubase SX3 at home for the last 2 years and never had a problem with my 2 Ghz CPU and 1 Giga Ram. It works with many tracks, sends, inserts...
Check out the version and get another one, reinstall Cubase, reinstall drivers, do an error scan, defragment HD...you know, the typical things.

???
There shouldn't be any difference between downloaded and CD/DVD versions.

Yeah i thought so too, unless i just managed to do things that the DAW couldn't handle lol

for example everything was CPU heavy, i could only use +/- 6 drumagog plug-ins before the snare and floor tom cuts out, which forced me to uncheck "dynamic tracking" so what i did was bounce all the drumagog tracks to their individual track, which went fine until i took the Drumagog plugin off the tracks and "PONK!" an error with the Red cirlced X popped up.

I used to have this problem. And my list of culprits would be as such;

1. VIA board
2. Sata drives on a VIA board

How I hated VIA boards when I had a session rolling and the board died on me.

<broken record 2>
this is gods way of telling you to stop using cubase and get pro tools
<end broken record>

<broken record 2>
this is gods way of telling you to stop using cubase and get pro tools
<end broken record>

The "WalMart" of DAWs? LE is, anyway IMO.

Oz, I've been looking into SAW for the past few hours, and it seems like a fantastic program.

You'll never find a faster DAW out there. Not to mention, the outstanding tech support as well.

Check out the demo & ask questions on the SAW forum. They're a great bunch of guys who love to help out newbies. It's very, very different from any DAW out there, so the learning curve can be a little steep... but it's well worth it.

I've been using it since late '03 & couldn't be happier.

-0z-

Yeah cubase has been a bitch lately, my favorite error message "exception occured in the module" has been kicking my ass.

And no my copy is legit. Fucking stienberg.

I would love to switch to something else but right now thats not possible. Saw studio looks great but that would require a total jump of ship.