Why is Persuader so awesome?

booB

Señor Member
Mar 25, 2003
Cleveland, OH USA
I've been listening to When Eden Burns on a loop lately, and while I've always liked Persuader, I don't think I've ever liked them this much. I think their musicians are good, not brilliant, and their music is pretty standard fare power metal -- not "happy" metal, and not particularly dark power metal, but somewhere in between. However, every song on this disc is classic, and seems to me to be worthy of "metal anthem" status.

Why do I like them so much? I can't put my finger on it. Maybe they're just extremely catchy.

I've been listening to When Eden Burns on a loop lately, and while I've always liked Persuader, I don't think I've ever liked them this much. I think their musicians are good, not brilliant, and their music is pretty standard fare power metal -- not "happy" metal, and not particularly dark power metal, but somewhere in between. However, every song on this disc is classic, and seems to me to be worthy of "metal anthem" status.

Why do I like them so much? I can't put my finger on it. Maybe they're just extremely catchy.

QFT

They have been on my sponsorship list for last few years.

I think they're absolutely awesome, not because of any sort of virtuosity on the part of the guitarists or anything (Jens Carlsson is an awesome vocalist though) but because they have that mix of thrash and power metal I have always loved, and quite simply they write good songs. They've also got that touch of Blind Guardian influence yet do not try to cop their sound or anything.