Why not DGM?

Meanmistreator

Granada Porch Crew
Feb 25, 2004
Savacountry
I've seen a shit load of bands discussed on this forum, but I've never seen anyone suggest DGM for a PPUSA show. What's up with that? I just picked up Dreamland (jap version), I thought this was out of print, and I have their last two cds as well. These guys shred and they have great vocals! Do they secretly suck or what?:D

DGM - Wings of Time!

I think it mainly has to do with Italians not wearing deodorant... :yuk:

If we're going to get an Italian band, why not Labyrinth?

BlindPanzer said:
I think it mainly has to do with Italians not wearing deodorant... :yuk:

If we're going to get an Italian band, why not Labyrinth?

I have a couple of Labyrinth cds, I love "Return to Heaven Denied". The vocals, at times remind me of Ray Alder a little bit.:Spin:

Dionysus - Sign of Truth:hotjump:

I used to hype them quite a bit after Hidden Place came out, but I didn't like their last one. I'd still like to see them perform live. I think their singer ... Titta Tanni is excellent.

Britt

DGM has been discussed here before. The general consensus is that they have only one really good album and two okay albums. They might not quite be Progpower caliber.

DGM has three albums, Dreamland, Hidden Place, and Misplaced.

Hidden Place is generally regarded as their best album by far. It's also the proggiest. Misplaced is pretty much a straight ahead power metal album, with the production a little worse than their previous two albums, which featured above average production. Since I'm more of a power metal fan, I find Misplaced to be the easiest to get into, but it's only an average power metal album. These guys are definitely better than prog.

As far as talent goes, they get an A+. Great singer, incredible guitar player, good keyboardist, great rhythm section. They just need to polish their songwriting and production. In other words, they are an Italian band.:)

adaher said:
DGM has three albums, Dreamland, Hidden Place, and Misplaced.

Hidden Place is generally regarded as their best album by far. It's also the proggiest. Misplaced is pretty much a straight ahead power metal album, with the production a little worse than their previous two albums, which featured above average production. Since I'm more of a power metal fan, I find Misplaced to be the easiest to get into, but it's only an average power metal album. These guys are definitely better than prog.

As far as talent goes, they get an A+. Great singer, incredible guitar player, good keyboardist, great rhythm section. They just need to polish their songwriting and production. In other words, they are an Italian band.:)

Actually, they have six cds, Three with the current singer (who is the best). Dreamland is considered their masterpiece. I also have Wings of Time which has some good tracks as well. There are other albums but I haven't checked them out. Try Elevator records.:D

Meanmistreator said:
I've seen a shit load of bands discussed on this forum, but I've never seen anyone suggest DGM for a PPUSA show.

Haven't really been paying attention, then, have you?

Rock on!