DGM for ProgPower IV!!!

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
I think DGM is one of the most underrated prog metal bands out there nowadays. Their last two albums - Dreamland and Hidden Places - are awesome. They have the full package: great songs, great musicians, and a great mix of prog and power metal (in the veins of Symphony X). I think they would make a great opener or second slot band at ProgPower.

absolutely....DGM are a force to be reckon with...top-notch musicians and...Titta Tani is an absolute monster vocalist!!

seasons of sorrow...have stolen all my years

alexofbodom said:
I think DGM is one of the most underrated prog metal bands out there nowadays. Their last two albums - Dreamland and Hidden Places - are awesome. They have the full package: great songs, great musicians, and a great mix of prog and power metal (in the veins of Symphony X). I think they would make a great opener or second slot band at ProgPower.
I like DGM, and Adagio's "Underworld" (which I see you are listening to). However, they both borrow just a tad too much from SX for my liking.

GZ

General Zod said:
I like DGM, and Adagio's "Underworld" (which I see you are listening to). However, they both borrow just a tad too much from SX for my liking.

GZ
I agree they have lots of influences from Symphony X, but look at how many prog metal bands have influences from Dream Theater or other bands. It is very hard to be completely original and without any influences. There are soooo many bands who copy great bands and are just crap. DGM and Adagio do it very well and also have their own touches of originality (DGM sometimes uses Jazz or Adagio is much more symphonic than SYmphony X)