MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
For Immediate Release: March 12, 2003

NIGHTWISH AND RAGE CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE PROGPOWER USA IV
ATLANTA - Finland's Nightwish and Germany's Rage have been confirmed to make their American debuts as headliners of ProgPower USA IV, which returns to Atlanta's Earthlink Live on September 5 and 6.
"It is always exciting for us as a band to take on new areas and see how our stuff goes down there," said Nightwish's Marco Hietala. "This time it's also quite flattering because we know that the USA and Great Britain are very hard places to win when you come from out of their native language areas, and to play as a headliner for our first time ever in the US... Wow, we'll do our best!"

After two decades together, Rage will make their long overdue first appearance on U.S. soil. "It's great that Rage will play the ProgPower festival this year," said Peavy Wagner. "Finally, after all these years, we can rock the U.S. Metal heads. It's gonna be fantastic."

Joining Nightwish and Rage, which will both perform exclusively at ProgPower USA IV, are New Jersey's Symphony X, Sweden's Evergrey, Florida's Circle II Circle, Germany's Vanden Plas, Italy's Secret Sphere, Denmark's Mercenary, Norway's Pagan's Mind, and California's Redemption, which now features vocalist Corey Brown, formerly of Magnitude Nine and Psycho Drama.

ProgPower IV will be the U.S. debuts for Vanden Plas, Secret Sphere, Mercenary, and Pagan's Mind.

"I'm very excited about performing at the ProgPower festival this year," said former Savatage vocalist Zack Stevens, who currently fronts Circle II Circle. "It's well known as one of the best metal festivals - even Ozzfest doesn't showcase the 'best metal bands' from America and Europe!"

Tickets for ProgPower IV go on sale May 5 at 10 a.m. EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Advance "Gold Badge" tickets are already sold out. Only 800 tickets will be made available to the public.

Last year's festival - which featured Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Angra, Edguy, Threshold, Pain of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Silent Force, Zero Hour, and Reading Zero - sold out in just six days, four months in advance of the show. Tickets were sold to 36 States and 18 countries as far away as Japan.

ProgPower USA is an affiliate of the ProgPower Europe Festival.
Sponsorship and advertisement opportunities are available via the ProgPower USA website and official program. A free CD sampler will be distributed to attendees. Interested bands should contact ProgPower USA.

Woo hoo! Secret sphere!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ :headbang:

So how about that...my guesses were off. LOL. But at least I hit about half of them. ;)

Hell yeah, all I needed to see was Vanden Plas and I'm there...oh and the rest are ok too ;). Looks like I need to check out 4 bands before then though!

Glenn-

You friggin rule. Awesome line-up. Mercenary? Never saw that coming. They kick ass. Pagan's Mind? Outrageous! Evergrey and SX? They should be the headliners. Getting to hear Corey and Zack sing live? Can't wait. Vanden Plas? Awesome!

Can you comment on what happened with Iced Earth? Given the way Jon was talking at PPIII, it seemed that they were practically a lock to play PPIV. If you're not at liberty to say, I obviously understand and respect that.

Thanks for all your hard work.

GZ

I'm so psyched to see CircleIICircle on there. Zak Stevens is one of my favorite vocalists. Nightwish was my top choice to be there...so I'm totally excited about that...especially them headlining. I'll be off to the cd store today to check out Secret Sphere, Redemption and Mercenary.

Now to all of you (and you know who you are) claiming that Iced Earth and Stratovarious were headlining, don't you feel just a tad bit foolish?

It always pays to wait for the official announcement.....

And be sure to look for Apporpriate Apocalypse's exclusive interview with Glenn as well as AA's usual no holds barred feature on the event!

And to Glenn, way to go. As usual you have put together a stellar line-up!!!!!!!

:headbang:

A kick-ass lineup! Perhaps the best ever!!!

Not familiar with Secret Sphere, Redemption and Mercenary...and Nightwish will be CD shopping time...)

But the rest...I'd almost pay $90 to see Vanden Plas and Rage themselves...this will be the fourth time I've seen Evergrey, and the sixth(?) time I've seen SyX, not that I'm complaining, as both are KILLER live bands...Pagan's Mind was a surprise, and Circle II Circle is a HUGE surprise (I suppose that the rumors I kept hearing was that Savatage was going to play were sort of in the right ballpark).

Congrats on putting together another amazing show, Glenn!

dt
who will be camped out at the computer on May 5th...

Well, I was unable to attend PP IV because of educational obligations, but after seeing the lineup, I am not depressed at all...

Nightwish - would have loved to see them, but their last album dissappointed me...

Symphony X - already saw them at PP and will see them on Saturday for the umpteenth time

Vanden Plas - love this band, but am sure they will tour locally

Secret Sphere - have two albums, think their great, and plus we are fellow Italian brothers, but...not worth missing out on an MBA for...

Rage - have an album...ehhh

Circle II Cirlce - another band I am sure will tour locally...

The rest...who are you?

PP III was by far still the best...even though I didn't watch much of it...

rhavin2112 said:
Now to all of you (and you know who you are) claiming that Iced Earth and Stratovarious were headlining, don't you feel just a tad bit foolish?

It always pays to wait for the official announcement.....

And be sure to look for Apporpriate Apocalypse's exclusive interview with Glenn as well as AA's usual no holds barred feature on the event!

And to Glenn, way to go. As usual you have put together a stellar line-up!!!!!!!

:headbang:

Once again, you don't fail to amaze me. I'll leave it at that, since this SHOULD be reserved for fans to talk about the lineup and Glenn's accomplishment yet again. Cheers.

markgugs said:
Once again, you don't fail to amaze me. I'll leave it at that, since this SHOULD be reserved for fans to talk about the lineup and Glenn's accomplishment yet again. Cheers.

Its all toungue and cheek Mark. Those who know me know my infamous sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait, I'll make sure the first beer is on me!!!!!!

For those of you who would like to check out secret sphere, I personally like their second album "A time never come". But I heard from a lot of fans their first album "mistress of the shadowlight" is their best one.

They are coming out with a new album this early may called "Scent of human desire". Sounds interesting. ;)

I like the line up of the bands I do know. And I guess Im going to have to check out the rest. Can anybody give me good advice about albums from all of them except Symphony X, Secret Sphere, Evergrey, and Circle II Circle?

Thanks!