Why not Toronto?

Nov 28, 2002
Ontario
How come Testament isn't playing the Toronto date for the Gods of Metal tour?! You guys were more than half the reason I would be going to that concert. Now I don't think I will be... I don't get it, it's confirmed that you're playing in Montreal a mere 7-8 days away from the Toronto date, so why not Toronto?

Yeah! As long I have been a Testament fan I've been waiting for them to come to Toronto. I thought I had a chance to see them for the first time when I heard the Gods of Metal tour was coming to Toronto but only to be disappointed when I find out they're not coming to Toronto. What is the reason for that?

From what source did you guys here that Testament will not be on the bill for the Toronto show on the 2003 Metal Gods Tour? The Toronto show is supposed to be the next show right after Montreal so I really don't see why they wouldn't be playing in Toronto.

Yeah, you might be jumping the gun a bit guys. I'm almost positive they are going to roll this tour through Los Angeles or Orange County and they havn't posted it yet. I believe they have only posted the "confirmed" dates. I'm sure if your patient , they might get that date confirmed and posted to the site :headbang:

One of our metal promoters, and the guy who just happens to be bringing the Metal Gods tour to Toronto says Testament isn't coming. Apparently it's a money issue. He chose a pretty bad venue for this kind of concert as well... it's way too small. It's the same venue that Amon Amarth themselves are headlining a show at.

Damn it! DAMN IT ALL! Fuck! Fuck... FUUUUCK!

Why would the person responsable for this show choose a small venue in Toronto? Just Rob Halford and Testament together is enough to draw about 1000 fans. When you add Immortal, Primal Fear, Amon Amarth, and Carnal Forge to the bill you can't have the show in a small venue where Amon Amarth is headlining a few weeks before the Metal Gods concert. You can't blame Testament for this because they don't deserve to be playing for crap money. The band is just too damn good for that! Hopefully the fans from Toronto will make a pit stop in Montreal to see Testament where the show seems to be more organized and the venue is fantastic.

Well, I think the venue can hold over 1000 people... but this is Toronto we're talking about... a HUGE city. Opeth sold this particular venue out... Halford can and probably would do a hell of a lot more than them, especially with all the opening support he has. Tickets are $45. That's $45000 right there. Of course he has to pay the venue and other service charges I guess... but that's still quite a bit left over to pay the bands isn't it? The venue holds more than 1000, so there's more to be made. He said it would cost $60 if Testament were to come... but he chose not to have that happen. I think that was a huge mistake... pretty much anyone that wants or wanted to go to the concert was more than willing to pay well over $60 for it.

Tue.....April 29th.......Toronto@ The Opera House......Check the Halford board, dates & venues are confirmed there first, then the shows that Testament will play are confirmed on the TL. The tour does go through Toronto, but Testament has not confirmed that they will play there, as of yet..............

Extreme Deformity said:
Well, I think the venue can hold over 1000 people... but this is Toronto we're talking about... a HUGE city. Opeth sold this particular venue out... Halford can and probably would do a hell of a lot more than them, especially with all the opening support he has. Tickets are $45. That's $45000 right there. Of course he has to pay the venue and other service charges I guess... but that's still quite a bit left over to pay the bands isn't it? The venue holds more than 1000, so there's more to be made. He said it would cost $60 if Testament were to come... but he chose not to have that happen. I think that was a huge mistake... pretty much anyone that wants or wanted to go to the concert was more than willing to pay well over $60 for it.
Well, Opera House can't hold more than 1000 people. The Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show last April was sold out before the show took place and there were around 900 something people there, and it was pretty much packed.

However, it's not the first time that a small venue is chosen for a big show. The first arranged venue for the Iced Earth show was Reverb Room (that can hardly hold more than 600 people). I informed Mark Briody of Jag Panzer and he told Jon Schaffer about it and the venue was changed to Opera House. But I guess the venue is unchangable this time.
Just be sure to get your tickets soon.