why? oh, why?!

Reverend Su

May 28, 2006
www.facebook.com
i have few songs stuck in my head right now - that do NOT go together in *any* manner, and yet...there they are

Over at the Frankenstein Place (from Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Distopia (Freak Kitchen)
Closer (Nine Inch Nails...and those who know me know why this song is stuck :))
Mandy (Barry Manilow)
King for a Day (Green Day)
Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield)
I'm Blue (Eiffel 65)

just having them in my head would be (more or less) ok, but...i keep interchanging them - for instance, the lyrics of "Distopia" over the music for "Mandy"...
"Closer" lyrics over "...Frankenstein..."
and they're on shuffle and repeat...and they shuffle within themselves

anyone else have this issue? anyone? Bueller?

no? just me?

Many times in my head, showtunes will be playing simultaneously with some metal tune I listened to recently.

that is AWESOME! any particular show tunes i should watch out for?

i tend to get this song stuck in my head...

then again, i can get some stuff from "Avenue Q" rolling around in my head without warning, as well as stuff from South Pacific...

yeah, my mind goes where it wants some days

The worst for me is the lyrics of "Bohemian Rhapsody" getting mapped to the melody from Metallica's Battery...

Thunder bolts and lightning,
very, very, frightening, me...
Battery!

that is AWESOME! any particular show tunes i should watch out for?

i tend to get this song stuck in my head...

then again, i can get some stuff from "Avenue Q" rolling around in my head without warning, as well as stuff from South Pacific...

yeah, my mind goes where it wants some days

I LOVE Jekyll & Hyde! Listening to "Dreamflight" by After Forever and having "Alive" from J&H stuck in your head is an interesting combo.

The stuff that generally gets stuck in my head tends to be ALW musicals, as I am an ALW fangirl. Most notably, anything from CATS generally pops into my head.

However, yesterday, "Poor Judd is Daid," "I'm Just a Gal who Cain't Say No" and "Surrey with a Fringe on Top" from Oaklahoma was stuck in my head, as I was thinking about Freak Kitchen's "Infidelity Ghost."

Poor Judd is Daid, poor Judd Fry is daid
That's one thing I fear the most
What was I supposed to do, spit in his eye?
The Infidelity Ghost

Surreal. :loco:

Over at the Frankenstein Place (from Rocky Horror Picture Show)

That's funny. When it is time for me to leave- my phone has an MP3 alert on it... It's the TIME WARP.

I knew I loved you for a reason. And that is just one.

The song I've had stuck in my head for 3 days- Gorillaz Clint Eastwood.

I aint happy, I'm feeling glad
I've got Sunhine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long
the future is comming on

Now tell me that's not stuck in your head...

-Metal

That's funny. When it is time for me to leave- my phone has an MP3 alert on it... It's the TIME WARP.

I knew I loved you for a reason. And that is just one.

The song I've had stuck in my head for 3 days- Gorillaz Clint Eastwood.

I aint happy, I'm feeling glad
I've got Sunhine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long
the future is comming on

Now tell me that's not stuck in your head...

-Metal

SCORE!!!!!!!! i LOVELOVELOVE "Clint Eastwood"! for some reason, that song doesn't get stuck in my head tho...i can't explain it...

unlike - and i have to visualize it a la Mike Myers

have fun with that ;)

and Metal...thanks :) :oops: tis good to be loved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, showtunes!

Last weekend at a convention, I picked up the extended soundtracks for The Dark Crystal and The Lost Boys (both 2 disc sets), and now I'm seeing scenes from both movies in my head...which is kinda weird. :)

Time Warp...yes!

The rest of you are all inconsciousably gay...

But...last July, I took my Mom to see Mamma Mia...and I still can't get Dancing Queen out of my head...aaaahhhh!

I guess I'm fucked too...(sigh)...!

Rock on!

Yay, showtunes!

Last weekend at a convention, I picked up the extended soundtracks for The Dark Crystal and The Lost Boys (both 2 disc sets), and now I'm seeing scenes from both movies in my head...which is kinda weird. :)

dude!!! i was just talking about Dark Crystal the other day...what an excellent movie. and good choice on both selections :)

@ashaman7122,

If you liked the Dark Crystal- Check out MirrorMask! It's Jim Henson Meets Cirque De Soleil meets a ton of narcotics...

-MetalRose

oooh...and it's written (in part) by Neil Gaiman who i adore...thats it, i have to see it
thanks Metal! squee :)

today the song stuck in my head is

mixed up with
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06SL0DM4krM&feature=PlayList&p=F0B2EDAE033A123E&playnext=1&index=27[/ame]
go fig
(and please note: the 2nd song has a long history, starting off in a Swedish pr0n film...thanks to my friend Joel for pointing that out http://glenngaslin.com/2007/06/the_secret_hist.html )