Why Pantera rules and will always rule

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
It's obvious that Pantera was and still is a totally kick ass fucking band that rules. But why? Many reasons. First, their attitude. They were take no prisoners, no bullshit, don't fuck with us tough Texan motherfuckers! Then the music! The music was hard fucking heavy metal! They thrashed like no other. The lyrics. The lyrics spoke of many things, things that actually mattered to the Pantera fan. Lyrics about loss, inner struggles, rage, social issues, and just kicking ass! Vinnie Paul's drumming was fast and furious. Rex was a bad ass on the bass. And who could forget the classic guitar/frontman paring of Dimebag Darrell Abbott and Phil Anselmo. Dimebags highly influental, and unique shredding paved the way for many bands, and Dime was a legend on the axe, plain and simple. Philip Anselmo was of the best frontmen in modern metal. His pissed off, and at times emotional vocals were a huge part of Pantera. His stage presence is like no other, and he can sing his ass off when he wants too. That is why Pantera rules.

I am and always will be a Suicidal Tendencies fan (Join The S.T. Army!!!!)

But I'm with you....As crazy and hard as they were they managed to get
mainstream popularity and had nothing changed (I.E. Breakup or Shooting)
They most definetly would've passed metallicrap as top dogs in that mainstream area of metal....It's sad to think that it won't happen again but hey all those cds still get heavy rotation in my cd & mp3 players.

:yow:

Oblivious Maximus said:
It's obvious that Pantera was and still is a totally kick ass fucking band that rules. But why? Many reasons. First, their attitude. They were take no prisoners, no bullshit, don't fuck with us tough Texan motherfuckers! Then the music! The music was hard fucking heavy metal! They thrashed like no other. The lyrics. The lyrics spoke of many things, things that actually mattered to the Pantera fan. Lyrics about loss, inner struggles, rage, social issues, and just kicking ass! Vinnie Paul's drumming was fast and furious. Rex was a bad ass on the bass. And who could forget the classic guitar/frontman paring of Dimebag Darrell Abbott and Phil Anselmo. Dimebags highly influental, and unique shredding paved the way for many bands, and Dime was a legend on the axe, plain and simple. Philip Anselmo was of the best frontmen in modern metal. His pissed off, and at times emotional vocals were a huge part of Pantera. His stage presence is like no other, and he can sing his ass off when he wants too. That is why Pantera rules.

Pantera AND Suicidal, two of my all time faves. Yes its true they all kick ass, as did Phil at one point. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil, the first Superjoint record was bad ass, the second I believe was pretty sub-par. But he is in such bad shape, he cant keep his eyes open, his vocals arent as good anymore, and his rants are fucked up. With all that being said yes Pantera rules, ST rules, the 1st Superjoint rules, and Damageplan did suck.

say10 said:
Pantera AND Suicidal, two of my all time faves. Yes its true they all kick ass, as did Phil at one point. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil, the first Superjoint record was bad ass, the second I believe was pretty sub-par. But he is in such bad shape, he cant keep his eyes open, his vocals arent as good anymore, and his rants are fucked up. With all that being said yes Pantera rules, ST rules, the 1st Superjoint rules, and Damageplan did suck.
Have you heard any of the Down records? Phil's vocals on "Nola" are great, and the vocals on "II: A Bustle in Your Headgerow" are really solid. Great stuff.