Why was Demonic not as good as The Gathering and Low?

Originally posted by flebbie
Why was Demonic not as good as The Gathering and Low? I'm not saying Demonic is a bad album! Its brutal as shit!! But somehow some songs were not catchy enough. Maybe because James Murphy wasnt on the album? Will he be on the new album? I heard he has a brainumor? Can anyone tell me about his conditions?

It wasn't as good because it was better!!:devil:

humm in my oppinon the gathering is the better of the 3 albums... for many reasons... better musicianship... better vocals... better ranges... more intensity then bolth albums combined... and the biggest reason... each song on there seems like a radio hit with unforgettable riffs... just show off songs like 3 days in darkness, riding the snake, sewn shut eyes, people take notice ;)

btw not to put demonic down... its still a above average record
the burning times, and jun jun remain great songs

-Necro (my oppinon)

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
i really dont feel it fair to call it a death metal album tho... there were no songs about killing people and such ;)

Well most of the songs on Demonic had growly vox. So if it's mostly growling, I consider that death metal.
Gathering could be prolly classified as thrash/death even though it had 3 songs with growly vox only.

Well most of the songs on Demonic had growly vox. So if it's mostly growling, I consider that death metal.

well bye that logic then Inflames soil work, even death and the first cannibal corpse and all the other socaled melodic death acts without growling wouldnt be considered death... and then seplutura would be thought of as death metal...

i think this is silly... death metal isnt deturmned by what kind of vocals are used... its how the songs are made how the music is composed the types of riffs used how the double guitar is melded together not seperated like thrash...

in my oppinon all testament albums are thrash... and u act like he hasnt growled before demoinic... he growled plenty on low and even way back to practice what you preach has some growls

and dont make me forget all the nu metal bands with "growling" ;) we all know there not death metal... style of vocals means little... especialy when your chuck and your doing all kinds of styles...

:) :) :)

*feeds flebbie more cookies* :eek: [hope he doesnt get sick!]

-Necro

DEMONIC was just as good as the other discs you
describe. Are you kiddiing??? OH COME ON.
Next time you put the disc on, use the volume to increase
the sound so you can not miss the heavy fucking shredding
testament DEMONIC metal.

That's too silly to be serious here.

DEMONIC SHREDS. PERIOD.

-OfficerNice.

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
i think this is silly... death metal isnt deturmned by what kind of vocals are used... its how the songs are made how the music is composed the types of riffs used how the double guitar is melded together not seperated like thrash...

growly vocals in death metal play significant part too along with the music.

in my oppinon all testament albums are thrash... and u act like he hasnt growled before demoinic... he growled plenty on low and even way back to practice what you preach has some growls

Sure he did. But not a lot like on Gathering and Demonic.

and dont make me forget all the nu metal bands with "growling" ;) we all know there not death metal...

yea the first nu rock "growly" band that comes to mind is Slipknot. It's like they're either trying to sound like death metal or nu rock...

Originally posted by SculptedCold
They should have made a Testament release out of Rapture; it sounds just like Testament too!

yea it has a lot of similarities with The Gathering. if a Testament release was made out of Rapture then it would be "The Gathering II"

Originally posted by OfficerNice
DEMONIC was just as good as the other discs you
describe. Are you kiddiing??? OH COME ON.
Next time you put the disc on, use the volume to increase
the sound so you can not miss the heavy fucking shredding
testament DEMONIC metal.

That's too silly to be serious here.

DEMONIC SHREDS. PERIOD.

-OfficerNice.

I completely agree!! Demonic kicks absolute ass! I love it!!