wich vst emulates wich amp

abrasaxon

New Metal Member
May 22, 2009
Hi everyone,
been asking myself(and searching) if thers a listing of what vst sim emulates what amp .I do know that the tso emulates engls 530, but thats nearly all...

Don't worry about what sim emulates what amp, because most of them don't really emulate 100%.
It is more like they are inspired by and based on real amp schematics.
If it sounds as good as TSE-X30 or LexTAC, then who cares what it emulates...

Oh and welcome to the forum ! ;)

I believe Nick Crow's 8505 and 7170 are based on Peavey 6505 and 5150 respectively. Can anyone verify that?

Onqel's TSE X30 is based on an Engl 530 Tube Preamp.

Not sure about LePou's SoloC.
LePou's Hybrit is based loosely on a Marshall I believe, but not sure which one.
I don't know what LePou's LE456 is based on.
LePou's LeXTAC is based on a Bogner Ecstacy

Maybe LePou could verify those.

And I hear that LePou is working on a Peavey 5150 and a Mesa Boogie Rectifier, not sure if it's dual or triple rec.

I believe Nick Crow's 8505 and 7170 are based on Peavey 6505 and 5150 respectively. Can anyone verify that?

LePou's Hybrit is based loosely on a Marshall I believe, but not sure which one.

And I hear that LePou is working on a Peavey 5150 and a Mesa Boogie Rectifier, not sure if it's dual or triple rec.

Based on 6505 and 5150? (re: Nick Crow)
Wouldn't make much sense, considering it's the same amp with a different name bro:lol:

I know that he's working on a Mesa Boogie, I think its a Triple Rectifier model, and Onqel is working on a 5150/6505 amp sim.

Someone needs to make an amp sim of a high-gain modded Marshall Plexi or the Voodoo Amps V-Rock. I think we need more flavors of amps. The 5150 is great but I think it's been modeled enough. Every song on this site has the same guitar sound.

Actually I'm making a sim of the 5150II/6505+.. but the distance between between the 6505 and the 6505+ is so close i'm considering doing both..