VST Bass Amp

gorath23

Feb 6, 2008
Hey guys, I'm currently recording all my Bass tracks via DI only and I'm confident about the methods and plugins I'm using for the majority of the chain, all except for my VST amp sim. I have been using Voxengo Boogex with a Bass Cab impulse, but I'm guessing this isn't ideal for a Bass. Anyone have a good VST plugin (preferably that enables me to use impulses for the cab sim) they could recommend? Either that or a generic VST preamp that works well with Bass. Oh yeah and for the time being it needs to be FREE :p. I've just bought a load of new bits for my studio so I can't stretch to anything like Amplitude etc. Thanks!

Edit: I did try to search but 'VST' is under the min. word limit and I didn't fancy trawling through a load of vaguely Bass related threads.

Helian 2 or 2nd, or something like that. A nice free little bass amp sim. I use it a lot. But I'm not entirely sure if it's still available. Try googling for it or checking KVR (where I originally found it). There is a 1, and a 2. 2 can give a really nice distorted bass tone.

Yeah, that seems to be the only out there that I could find. Unfortunately Helian Bass is no longer available AFAIK. If anyone has a copy then I'd really appreciate it (both 1st + 2nd versions). I'm sure thats ok (legally speaking) as it was always free and is just no longer available.