Sansamp PSA-1

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I'm talking about the plug-in simulator of the Sansamp Bass Driver DI. I'm in need of a decent unit to pull bass sounds with, but is it true that this thing only runs on HD/TDM/RTAS and not VST? Using Nuendo as host at the moment, so that leaves me in a bit of a bind.

Also, if it's true that it doesn't run on VST, do you guys know of any decent software bass amp/cab sims out there?

I don't know about the software, but my bass sans amp gets used on pretty much every project I do. The thing is fucking awesome. Why not consider the hardware version?

-0z-

Yeah, my bassist friend will eventually invest in the actual Bass Driver DI. I guess what I'm mainly looking for is something cheap, prefferably even free, software-based to pull some bass sounds with. I haven't really been able to pull the best bass sounds from home to date.

you could use the demo version of CurveEQ. you'll have to work around the demo's random tone generation or use other EQs based on the spectrum match

record the bass gtr

find a suitable bass tone on a CD that you like and use CurveEQ to match the spectrum.

The premise of CurveEQ is pretty much the same as with Freefilter isn't it? I have Freefilter, so I'll give that a shot, but somehow I doubt it'll give me the results I'm after.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought the PSA-1 and still prefer the plugin :(
Problem is Cakewalk just works so much better with effects on lots of tracks.

However, I'm working on making some impulses of the plugin so you can load them in KeFir or Lecab and it works pretty good. I made this one with a track I recorded with the actual PSA-1 but it is just a deconvolver test tone through the plugin with the settings that I saved. It's more of a bass cab type sound than a bass tone+cab. I don't have a bass to try it but feel free to try it out and see what you think as a guitar cab sim or whatever (used it on kick drums too).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21300833/psa-1_cab_impulse_dc.wav