Sansamp psa 1.1 rack

Full_Tilt

Jul 16, 2008
Thinking of getting the psa 1.1 rack for guitar blending and scratch tracks but also need a sansamp bass driver . Do any of you guys think the psa 1.1 is as good for bass as the traditional sansamp bass driver?

Well price wise I think its do-able and I think I'll save about £130 on a s/h bass driver providing it can handle both guitar and bass recording .
Does anyone here own the Tech21 PSA 1.1 ? If so any other opinions concerning bass ....? Also considering the PSA 1 as now they are falling in price due to the new model .

AFAIK the tone of the PSA-1.1 is no different to a PSA-1, you're just getting things like an XLR out, headphone out, power switch, etc etc.

I have never been able to replicate the same tone with a BDDI as I can with my PSA-1 rack, and certainly never been able to get a good guitar tone out of one, whereas I have managed to get some pretty decent tones out of the PSA-1 (after many, many years of fiddling lol)

However I'm not sure if by recording guitar you mean using it as a DI box or actually using it for tone, so you might want to clarify.

In summary, the PSA-1 or 1.1 are tonechiefs. ;)

Cheers potshot !
I was planning on using the Psa as my main guitar interface so yeah im into using it as a tone device ,writing ,jamming ,recording scratch trax and so on ,possibly using it as an extra layer to parallel blend with valve amp tones or what ever but only as long as it can do my bass work as well as the bass driver could so that I dont have to buy that also otherwise I'd just get the bass driver for bass and make do with the guitar amps I already own.

Yeah they kick arse for bass tones, especially if you happen to run them into an Ampeg SVT rig, pure joy ;)

Regardless, through an amp or not, you can get all the tones out of a PSA-1 or 1.1 that you can with a BDDI and much, much more.

I have a 1.1 and its great for Bass - there are even Bass presets in the factory memory, up near preset 30 onwards,
Sounds way better than the PT plugin too.
Adam Deuce Bass player of Machine Head uses one blended with an Ampeg SVT,
My Ampeg SVT5 Pro has a overdive channel that you can blend with the clean output to get the same effect (clean punch & distortion growl),
Havnt tried the PSA1.1 with my ampeg but it did work well with my old Trace Eliott Head for that kinda sound.
I like its sound for guitar too but the presets are not really that "modern sounding" compared to the kinda sounds people are shaping on this forum but still good,
More like 80's 90's Marshall JMP1 type sounds as far as i can tell,
I like it for guitar and bass but needs to run through an amp/cab or cab impulse for guitar to sound best.

Im not too worried about sounding modern if anything im trying to grab a modern method to old school sounds if that makes any sense ?! so its all encouraging news indeed.
Also it was the psa 1 I heard once blended 50/50 with a dual rec live on stage ,the best guitar sound ever .
Cant wait to get my hands on one.

Im not too worried about sounding modern if anything im trying to grab a modern method to old school sounds if that makes any sense ?! so its all encouraging news indeed.
Also it was the psa 1 I heard once blended 50/50 with a dual rec live on stage ,the best guitar sound ever .
Cant wait to get my hands on one.

In which case i think you'll love it.

OK I managed to pick up a nice psa 1 for less than £100 including postage and flight case .
Downloaded the manual and was reading through on how to get rid of all the user edits as they were ...well unusable but the presets sound pretty good to get me started but now wondering if a factory restore will undo all the software revisions ? Does anyone know how these current revisions benefit the psa 1 ? I think mines on revision 5 .